On Wednesday 27 February we officially began the YES program for 2019.
We were hosted at Queen's High School for the morning and what a morning it was! It was amazing to see so many of our young people raring to go for a year filled with entrepreneurial dreams and all the learning that comes with it.
Head of YES, Liz Pittman, joined us from Wellington and started the students on the path to entrepreneurial thinking with some great Ideation tasks. Many of the YES teams came already prepared with business ideas for the year!
We would like to thank all the mentors and advisors from the local business community who gave up their time to attend the workshop and offer feedback and guidance to the teams.
- Amélie Baudoin, Marketing and Branding Intern, Otago Chamber of Commerce
- Angus Pauley, Marketing Manager, Startup Dunedin
- Ashley King, YES Alumni, Class of 2016
- Che Bliss, Business Manager, NZ Trade and Enterprise
- Christine McNamara, Managing Director, BB&S
- David Kiddey, Managing Director, David Kiddey Consultants Ltd.
- Dr Rob Hamlin. Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Marketing, University of Otago
- Faye Zang, General Manager, AwayNZ
- Gordon McGowan, Principal, Lean Business Advantage
- Grant Batchelor, Investment Advisor, Forsyth Barr
- Jason Lindsey, Founding Partner, Petridish
- John Rigby, Business Development Manager, Otago Southland Employers Association
- Kim Everett, Consultant
- Monique McKewen, Business Advisor, BB&S
- Liam Dell, Marketing and Communications, Otago Chamber of Commerce
- Pete Bernhardt, Sustainability Strategist & Board Director, University of Otago
- Rachel Butler, Audacious Manager
- Ross Grey, Business Advisor, Enterprise Dunedin
- Sam Botting, Science Centre Manager, Otago Museum
- Steph Benseman, Creative HQ
- Steve Brocklebank, Director, BB&S