The long awaited disco is back for 2023! Here is all the essential information you need to get your boogy on!
- Friday 16th June
Who can go?
- The junior disco for Koru ākonga (Year 0-3) begins 4:30pm - 5:30pm.
- The senior disco for Harakeke and Pōhutukawa ākonga begins 6:00pm - 7:15pm.
- The year 3 ākonga will be able to choose which disco they would like to attend. They can only attend one of them.
Cost of entry:
- Entry for both discos should be purchased through our school Kindo Shop.
- Your child’s entry needs to be purchased by 3pm on Wednesday 14th June.
What is available for purchase?
Cheese Pizza can also be ordered in advance through Kindo Shop (gluten-free option will be available) for $1.50 per slice. A small amount of pizza may be available for cash purchases. However, we strongly recommend that you pre-order through the shop to avoid disappointment. Pizza pre-orders will close in Kindo at 3pm on Wednesday 14th June.
Bags of assorted lollies - $2.00 per bag.
Small packets of chippies - $1.00 per bag.
A range of glow-in-the-dark products - ranging from 50c - $2.50.
Face painting - 50c
Temporary Tattoos - 50c
Water dispensers will be available in the hall for children to help themselves.
If your tamariki are interested in purchasing any of the above in cash, please ensure that you send them to the disco with coins and notes of smaller denominations as we may not have change for larger notes.
Where is it held?
- Both the junior and senior discos will be held in the hall.
- When students arrive at the disco, we ask that they enter through the main entrance to the hall (at the front of the school).
- When picking up your children at the end of the disco, again, we ask that you enter through the main entrance to the hall and exit via the back door of the hall (by the blue sports container).
- For our caregivers that wish to stay onsite, we have our whare pukapuka (library) set up with tea and coffee.
For both the junior and senior discos, we are asking for parent support to help us decorate the hall, organise and sell our food and glow products, apply the temporary tattoos and face paint, and to help us clear up at the end. We are in need of quite a few parent helpers, so if you are keen to help us with this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org soon as possible to let her know which disco you will be able to support us with.