Amesbury Notices - 12 April 2021
- Pōhutukawa Art Trip (Group 1) - Monday 12 April
- Pōhutukawa Art Trip (Group 2) - Tuesday 13 April
- Futsal (Y1-4) - Tuesday 13 April
- Student Conferences - Tuesday 13 (Eilis only), Wednesday 14 & Thursday 15 April
- Last day of Wednesday co-curricular lessons - Wednesday 14 April
- Futsal (Y5-6) - Wednesday 14 April
- Koru Art Trip (Group 2) - Thursday 15 April
- Harakeke Art Trip (Group 2) - Thursday 15 April
- Non Uniform Day & Bake Sale - Friday 16 April
- Last day of co-curricular lessons - Friday 16 April
- Last Day of Term 1 - 3pm Friday 16 April
Student Conferences Term 1 2021
Hopefully everyone has booked a slot for each of your children at Amesbury. If not, please refer to the notification that you received from Urs on Friday (19 March) for all of the details. Please note that conference bookings close at 8am on Tuesday 13 April.
All teachers will be running conferences in the evening (3:30pm onwards) of Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th April. In addition Eilis has an additional block of conferences on Tuesday 13th April.
As part of our focus on visual art in Terms 1 & 2, all hubs will have the opportunity to view artworks as well as engage in workshops at Te Papa, City Gallery Wellington/Te Whare Toi and The New Zealand Portrait Gallery.
Last week, Friday 9 April, Group 1 from both Koru & Harakeke Hubs had their trips.
This week it is the turn of Pōhutukawa Hub (Group 1 - Monday 12 April & Group 2 - Tuesday 13 April), as well as Group 2 from both Koru & Harakeke Hubs (Thursday 15 April). Jemima (Koru), Sonali (Harakeke) & Kalesha (Pōhutukawa) have already sent you notices with the group that your child/ren is/are in.
For all of the details please refer to the article on the art trip.
Just a reminder that Friday 16th April is a non-uniform day. We ask that all children not wearing their uniform bring a gold coin donation to put towards our year 5 and 6 camp to the South Island at the end of the year.
After school, at 3:00pm, we will have a bake sale outside of Pōhutukawa Hub (by the entrance to the school office).
All money raised will be put towards our year 5 & 6 camp to the South Island at the end of the year.
We are asking our year 5 & 6 parents to provide some baked goodies to be sold on this day. We always appreciate home made treats, however, we appreciate that families are busy at this time of the year and we welcome purchased treats too! Please ensure that you send a detailed ingredients list with your treats so that children with allergies are sure of what they can and cannot eat.
Feel free to send your child to school with the donated goodies, or drop them off at the school office anytime before 2:30 on Friday 16th April.
Tots to Teens (FREE digi-mag)
Here is the link to the latest Tots to Teens digi-magazine.
What’s in this issue for parents?
- Taking little risks can build big rewards
- Some kids definitely find it harder to come out of their shell
- Encourage play to nurture your Tamariki
- DIY heuristic play basket and homemade sand
- Winter sport is great fun for most kids
- Kiwi families discover more of Aotearoa
- Lick-your-lips pumpkin and parmesan chips
- Homemade “fluffy” recipe the kids can make themselves
- Enter our epic competitions (prizes for parents and kids)
Mary Potter Annual Street Appeal
The Mary Potter Hospice is having their annual street appeal next month and are looking for volunteer collectors.
If you are keen to collect for an hour or two, to register as a group or individually online here - https://marypotter.org.nz/events/street-appeal/.
Community Badminton Sessions Terms 2 & 3
Come along and play badminton, get active, get involved and have fun.
Sessions are open to all ages, stages and abilities and are free of charge:
- Aotea College - Mondays 4-5.15pm
- Bishop Viard College - Wednesdays 4-5.30pm
All of the Holiday Programmes that we have been sent have been collated into one article which can be found here.
DramaRemedy Holiday Programme with Maneesha
KidzStuff Theatre for Children: "Tale of A Dog"
These school holidays KidzStuff Theatre for Children are presenting "Tale of A Dog", Written by Peter Wilson and Directed by Fraser Hooper and Amalia Calder
- What: "Tale of A Dog"
- When: 19th - 30th April 2021
- Where: Tararua Tramping Club, 4 Moncrieff Street, Mt Victoria, Wellington
- Times: Weekdays 10am & 11:30am, Saturdays 10am, no show Sundays
- Tickets $12.00pp, Children under 2 Free
- Bookings: www.kidzstufftheatre.co.nz
Circus School Holiday Programme