School Notices - 10 August 2020
- Koru Hub ASB Centre Sport Programme - Monday 10 August
- "School in Action" @Newlands Intermediate (for parents) - 9-10.30am
- Parent Evening @ Raroa Intermediate - Tuesday 11 August 6-7pm
- School Photos gallery closes - Wednesday 12 August midnight
- Koru Hub Swimming - Thursday 13 August
- Pōhutukawa Hub ASB Centre Sport Programme - Thursday 13 August
- Raroa Prospective Parent Open Days - Thursday 13 & Friday 14 August
Amesbury School Photos 2020
The 2020 Amesbury School photos are now available to view and purchase.
An email was sent out to all parents on 28 July with all the 'How to' information.
This gallery will close at midnight on Wednesday 12th August 2020.
Students have been very busy creating their own artwork that can be printed onto calendars, cards, diaries, mouse mats and sketch pads (spiral bound A5 notebook with blank pages) that are available for you to buy.
On Friday (31 July), your child/ren will have brought home a named order code form that will have a unique code that is linked to their art. Please use this to order online via the KidsArtWorks website. (Orders cannot be made via the school by cash or on the school account).
Final orders close at 10am on Monday 17th August and, sorry, no late orders can be accepted.
Purchased items will be delivered to school mid September and will be given to students to bring home.
Don't forget that Term 3, 2020 of Scholastic's Book Club is now available for online ordering.
Please do the ordering by visiting the website at mybookclub.scholastic.co.nz - no need to fill in the paper order form and please do not return anything to school. Everything can be done online.
Ordering will be open until Monday 31st August 2020 and books will be sent to school.
Absences and Late Arrivals
It is important that we know by 9am each school day if a student is going to be away or arriving late to school so that we can verify the safe whereabouts of all our students.
All absences must be notified to the school office as teachers don't always have the opportunity to forward emails/messages before class starts at 9am.
Absence/late arrival notifications can be made at any time by:
Absence form on the school app or website
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text – 021 865528
- Telephone – 04 477 3423
If your child arrives at school after 9am, they must sign in at the office before going to class.
Fleece name-tag check: we have a few fleeces misplaced/missing ... please check that your child is wearing their fleece (not someone else's), and that theirs has their name clearly displayed.
New fleeces: The production of size 4, 6 and 8 polar fleeces (currently out of stock) has been delayed due to extended international shipping timeframes (for the zips!). New fleeces can still be ordered via Kindo and will be issued as soon as they arrive (hopefully by end August).
Second Hand: You're welcome to visit the office between 8.30am and 3.30pm to check out the range of second hand items currently available. We also have a bin of unclaimed long sleeve black tops that you can have for a gold coin donation.
Lost and Found
- Laundrette Key
- Jacket (Macpac) size 10yrs
- Blue (Seed) polo size 4
- Soft toy - Rabbit (Citta)
- Socks - massive amount of paired and unpaired
- Fleeces (most have been in lost property since end 2019 or Term 1 so will be made available to purchase second hand if not claimed before the end of term 3)
- x1 near new size 2 fleece
- x2 size 8 fleeces (one slightly named in photo attached, the other with very faded biro)
- x2 size 4 (one with an ohm symbol raksha bandha in pocket and no zip, the other with hard to read label (photos attached)
If your child is regularly bringing yummy food that requires a utensil to eat it, please pack a fork, spoon or chopsticks in their lunchbox, or have one they can rinse after using and leave in a bag or container in their school bag.
Tawa Squash Junior Club Night - Friday evenings
Kids - learn to play the healthiest sport in the world
5-7pm with qualified coach, usually $5 for non club members, first week free
5-5:30pm Small Nix 5-8 year olds (always free)
- Refreshments available for kids and parents all at great prices
- All gear provided – just need non marking shoes
- Tawa Squash, 67 Main Road, Tawa (next to St Francis Xavier School), www.tawasquash.co.nz . 04 2328200
After School Computer Classes
The Circus Hub
Inspiring passion for circus arts