School Notices - 13 March 2019
- Movin' March is underway - students are encouraged to WOW (walk or wheel) to school. Remember also the colouring competition at lunchtimes in the library
- Sign up for the School Open Morning - happening on Tuesday 26 March
- International Student Parent Orientation Session 2 - Thursday 14 March
- National Arts Festival - Koru & Te Rito Hubs - Tuesday 19 March
Just a reminder that Student Conferences have been organised for the last week of the term.
Please take the opportunity to attend the tripartite meetings (students-parents-teachers) to discuss your child's learning. You will need to book - first in gets their choice of times.
The latest episode of Amesbury TV has been produced. Fronted by our professional presenters, Jericho and Jacob, it explains what Movin' March is all about and what the students of Amesbury are doing for it. It's well worth spending a few minutes watching.
National Arts Festival
Koru & Te Rito Hubs will be attending the National Arts Festival, hosted by Capital E, next Tuesday 19 March.
If your child is in that group please ensure that they have plenty of snacks as there may not be too much time to sit down and eat between the two shows.
Last week's Kapa Haka tasters worked a treat because I'm told that over 100 students have signed up, a programme has been organised and Kapa Haka started today.
Scholastic Book Club
Scholastic book orders have closed and have been sent away. Books should be arriving very soon.
If you are a parent and you are keen to help sort the books when they arrive please let Chrissy know in the library or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miniball (basketball) 2019 - Years 3-4: We really really need you!
Georgia desperately needs a three more players for our year 3-4 team.
So if you want to play miniball (basketball) for Amesbury School in 2019 please follow the link, read the information and sign up as soon as possible. For additional information contact Georgia at email@example.com.
Lost and Found
There is a gradually increasing pile of socks that are being abandoned inside and outside. Please help us to encourage kids by reminding them to put these in their pockets, inside shoes or in their bag when they're not wearing them. If not claimed, good quality pairs will be washed and donated at the end of the term. Please see Rachel at the office if these items belong to you/your child
- Attached photo (toys, accessories, helmet, waterbottles, clothing, keys and socks! - there are also 'singles' not in the photo)
- A sum of money found in Koru Hub 3 weeks ago
- A size 6 green or red/orange uniform polo top
- Size 8 Fleece (photo)
The new system of returning named uniform items etc. to students seems to be working. Please help us keep lost property to a minimum by
- clearly labelling items. Iron-on labels (examples at office if you would like to check them out), or non-smudging laundry pens are great for naming clothing
- updating names on hats and fleeces when passing on to friends/siblings.
- checking that that fleece/hat your child has brought home has their name on it and not someone elses.
Second hand clothing (these can be invoiced to your account)
- Winter Beanies $15 (3 left)
- Fleeces $20-$40 (sizes 4, 8 & 10)
- Skirts and Skorts (sizes 4,6,8,12) $10 and $20
- Long sleeved black tops (various sizes) $5
West Park School’s Annual Gala - West Fest - is this month
Saturday 16 March 2018, 11 – 2pm (Broderick Road, Johnsonville)
Come along to West Fest 2019 – this fabulous annual school gala has something for everyone!
There will be all the traditional gala highlights including fantastic food, great entertainment, second hand goods for sale, face painting and crafts. A great range of activities will also be on offer to entertain the whole family. Highlights include riding on mini jeeps, a bouncy castle, quiddich and jousting activities, the famous toilet roll catapult and a dirt track remote control monster truck.
SPCA Wellington Centre Open Day
Saturday 16 March, 10am – 3pm. SPCA's Wellington Centre, 140 Alexandra Road, Newtown.
The SPCA is super excited to announce that their Open Day is back again. This year it also coincides with their building - the Wellington Fever Hospital's - 100th birthday.
Please join them at their Wellington Centre to celebrate on March 16th, where you will get a sneak peek into the life at SPCA’s Wellington Centre.
As well as having the opportunity to see animals and go behind the scenes at SPCA, visitors will get to enjoy food trucks on site, as well as performances from Taikoza Wellington, the Wellington Ukelele Peace Network, and dance students from Te Auaha.
Gold coin entry.
Alongside the event they are also holding a colouring competition that the children may be interested in entering. The template for this can be downloaded at:
Birdlife Productions Theatre Company
Birdlife Productions are bringing a magical Puppet Show to Wellington for one day only - at the Carter Observatory on Saturday 16th March. Only $8 per ticket. Please see the flier below.