The following is information from the Ministry of Education regarding the current covid-19 situation
The Ministry of Health (MoH) has advised that an Australian traveller to Wellington on the weekend of 19-21 June has tested positive for COVID-19, and there may be potential transmission in Wellington.
If you have anyone in your community who was at one of these locations and at the times specified on the Ministry of Health website, they will need to follow the relevant instructions which will include staying at home and getting tested for COVID-19 (five days after last exposure to the confirmed case).
For those people in a household with someone identified as a contact or close contact, they should follow the advice provided by health authorities for that individual. If unsure what to do, contact Healthline (0800 358 5453) for guidance.
Everyone else will need to continue to follow the public health requirements we are very familiar with, at all alert levels:
- Stay home (or go home) if you are unwell.
- If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 358 5453 to see if you need a test.
- Wear face coverings on public transport and domestic flights, and you are encouraged to do the same when travelling by taxi or similar.
- Keep up your good hygiene practices (washing hands, cough/sneeze etiquette).
- Keep track of where you have been.
School remains at Alert Level 1, but we continue to be mindful of good hygiene practices
Andrea GriffinAssociate Principal