Read on for events throughout the Diocese, including further education and ministry training. Let us know anything that your Parish, community service or other organisation is doing and we will place it here. Make sure you visit this page regularly and keep all that is going on in your prayers.
- NZCMS Dunedin Support Group Monthly meeting: Wednesday 21st August 2.30 - 4.00pm at the home of Arch Matheson, 25A Sheen St, Roslyn. Topic: News of Mission partners round the world with focus on our Mission Partners working in Africa. All welcome. Contact Maureen at 034560573 or 021 1071401
- SOUTH CENTRE: July newsletter is attached.
Community Engagement on increasing the refugee quota - 10.15am – 11.45am on Aug 15th at the Dunedin Public Library, 4th Floor, Dunningham Suite. See full article for more information
Refugee integration and integrating refugee: land, loss, languages and the arts. This is a lecture series by Professor Alison Phipps (University of Glasgow) taking place in a variety of places in Dunedin from 30 July to 28 November. This series is highly recommended. See attached Hum-de Carl Lecture flyer for more information.
- Dunedin Night Trust Shelter - Appeal week Tuesday 20th August to Saturday 24th August. Volunteers and help needed. Please see attached notice.
- SYNOD Friday 13 - Sunday 15 September. Keep up to date with latest information about Synod here
Caversham Lecture Series, Dunedin @ St Peter's Anglican Church - See attached posters - 5, 11 and 19 and 26 November 2019
Equipping for Ministry and Shared Worship Opportunities
- COMMUNITY OF THE SACRED NAME: Local Companions and friends of the Sisters are warmly invited to meet on Monday 19 August at 11am at St Michael's Church, Elliot Street, Andersons Bay, for a Eucharist to celebrate the principal Feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Afterwards, a shared lunch and meeting will ensue. Those people, with a regard for religious communities in the Anglican Communion, are most welcome to join us. David Crooke, Chaplain, ph 473 9954.
A WARM WELCOME TO ALL: The quarterly Celtic-Style Eucharist will next be celebrated on Friday 23 August at 12.10 in the well-heated Chapter Room, downstairs at St Paul's Cathedral. (This replaces the usual Friday Eucharist in the Nevill Chapel). The service, led by Rev'd Mary Greet and Dr Helen Watson White, has a theme of action and reflection; please bring a symbol of either or both.
- FLEXILEARN: The next Flexi Learn Course is taking place on the first 3 Mondays in August and the first three Mondays in September, and is called "Journey Towards Being Anglican in Aotearoa NZ and Polynesia. Have a look at the St John's College Website for more information and flyer attached below
- Faith Thinking Seminars - Continuing Education Short Courses offered by the Theology Programme in conjunction with Continuing Education at the University of Otago. See the attached flyer for details.
- Faith Thinking Seminars Coming Up:
- FAITH THINKING: Is God Green - and what about us? An exploration of human responsibility in the care of the Earth, Rev Dr Selwyn Yeoman, Presbyterian Minister, Thursdays 15, 22 Aug, 7.00-9.00pm, Burns 7, Albany Street.
- Going Deeper into the Acts of the Apostles, Dr Deborah Bower, Director, SoulScape, Friday 6 September, 7:00pm – 9:00pm and Saturday 7 September, 9:00am-12.30pm, Elim Church, 67 Harrow Street, Dunedin.
Each Course costs $20. Please register online at www.otago.ac.nz/continuingeducation.
- CURSILLO 3 DAYS: Late afternoon Friday 4 October to mid afternoon Monday 7 October at St Peter's College, Gore. This is an Anglican Spiritual development program done in a particularly Anglican way and has influenced the spiritual growth of many Anglicans throughout NZ. Nearly 400 Anglicans in Dunedin diocese have taken part since the year 2000. See attachments for Cursillo 2019. Your application form requires a sponsor who should be a person who has previously attended Cursillo. If you have difficulty finding a sponsor, or a ministry leader to sign your application, or further questions please be in touch with Margaret and Craig McLananchan 03 453 0131, email@example.com or Anne Gover 03 208 5235, firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Cursillo Dates 2019 - 9th November Cursillo Ultreya - Gore
- NIGHT CHURCH IN SOUTHLAND REMINDER - Now that Daylight Saving has finished, there is an Anglican run service every Sunday night at 7pm in Invercargill. Taize service at Holy Trinity 2nd and 4th Sunday beginning Sunday 14 April and continuing approximately until daylight saving starts. All Saints Gladstone contemporary service 1st and 3rd Sunday throughout the year.