Currently we have both long term and short term International students looking at studying at Casebrook Intermediate for 2019, without the support of our community we are not able to host the students. If you have ever thought about being a homestay family please find a brief outline of what it would involve.
I trust the following information will answer many of your questions.
- If you are interested please complete the attached form and return to the school office.
- If there are more interested families than students we will hold a ballot.
- Families are paid $260 per week per student.
- All families that are accepted into the programme have to be prepared to be Police vetted and house inspected prior to placement of a student.
- The students require three meals a day.
- They need their own bed but may share a room.
- They require adequate bedding. They are accustomed to cold conditions but VERY warm houses.
- Their washing needs to be done for them.
- They need transport to and from school. If your child walks or buses it is OK for them to do the same.
- You will have my cell phone number and I can be contacted at any time.
- I do not know how well these students will speak English but most will have reasonable understanding.
- It is expected that they will become a part of your family for the time they are with you- have the same bedtime as your child etc.
If you wish to become involved please return your form to the school office ASAP.
If you have further question please ask.