PIHMS Career Week October 2019
8 – 11 October (2nd week of October school holidays). Find out more here.
- PIHMS career week provides any student with the opportunity to experience PIHMS, our culture, lifestyle, education, training to see if this is where your future lies
- $199 per person – everything is included – Accommodation, all meals & beverages and scheduled activities
- All students attending need to be motivated about considering PIHMS as an option for tertiary study
- Places are limited as we only have a limited number of rooms available for accommodation – So apply asap to avoid missing out
- Apply for Career Week here or email email@example.com for more information about PIHMS.
International Travel College (ITC)
For students interested in full time travel and tourism courses for 2020 and beyond, Open Days will take place on the following - Monday 30th September 3pm – 6pm; & Wednesday 2nd October 3pm – 6pm at SIT, 60 Waterloo Rd, Christchurch. To attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Techtorium (New Zealand Institute of Information Technology) is recognised by NZQA as a Category 1 Tertiary provider. Their focus is to ensure students are taught current IT content. They have a highly successful Employment Pathway Programme that ensures their graduates have access to some of New Zealand’s top technology employers. Techtorium is new to Christchurch. Click here for more information or contact email@example.com.
Ara Application Closing Dates for 2020 Study
Remember that some application closing dates are coming up soon! It is important that you check application requirements for the programme to which you are applying. There are often additional application requirements to complete alongside the standard application form.
Below is a list of programmes with upcoming application closing dates or auditions. For other programmes Ara still encourage students to apply early to secure their place.
- Bachelor of Nursing - 30th September
- Bachelor of Broadcasting Communications - 30th September
- Bachelor of Music ArtsAuditions - 30th September - 2nd October and 2nd - 4th December
- Bachelor of Social Work - 31st October
- NZ Certificate in Animal Management- 30th October
- NZ Certificate in Animal Technology - 30th October
University of Canterbury
New Major for 2020: BSc Medicinal Chemistry
This will be offered as part of a Bachelor of Science Degree. Students will learn about the process of drug discovery. Click here for further information.
New Degree for 2020: Bachelor of Youth & Community Leadership
Click here for more information.
University of Canterbury Early Application Closing Dates
- Bachelor of Music majoring in Performance applications are due in October.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts applications and portfolio due in November.
- Applications to enroll in all other course due in December.
- Specific dates to be confirmed.
Otago University Campus Tours
Campus Tours run Monday – Friday between 9am and 3pm for prospective students and their families. Click here to book a time.
Hands-On at Otago
This is open to current Yr 11 or 12 students - It takes place from the 12th - 17th January and costs $675. This is a hands-on experience of Science, Humanities and Business opportunities at Otago. Applications close 29th September.
Halls of Residence Applications
These will open on 1st August 2019 and are due by the 31st September 2019. CGHS is required to complete a Common Confidential Reference Form (CCRF) by the 15th September and this is used as a common reference by all Universities applied to for a Halls of Residence.
To apply to the Halls once they are open you will need to create a login for each University you are applying to eg UC’s is UCme, Otago is eVision, on their website and apply through this. Please also note that some like Victoria and UC require a $100 application fee which is non-refundable.
For each application you will need to answer several questions. It is a good idea to take a look at the questions then write up answers on a word or google doc and then cut and paste. It may take 40 – 60 mins to fill in.
For each University you will apply to up to three choices for a Hall so take a look at your options online or when you visit during Open Days. Most Universities will start looking at your application around mid-September, the exceptions are Massey and Lincoln so get these done as early as possible.
In October the Fees Free website should be updated to let you know whether you are eligible for this option.
Click here for more information on the cost of study and finding out about the assistance available. Please note that applying for StudyLink loans and allowances should be completed before the beginning of December.
This is the site that will verify your identity (a process that is required before organising StudyLink). Their homepage features a video explaining the two different RealMe options to prove your identity. Visit the site here.