Congratulations to our Senior Rowers on their fine performance in Twizel.
On Thursday (21 February) after school, 19 senior rowers travelled south to Twizel to compete in the Rocketfoods NZ Rowing Nationals. We entered two doubles and three fours in the Under19 category. Our heat races were delayed due to weather conditions however the girls raced extremely well to the conditions with all fours progressing into A finals and the doubles making B finals. We versed clubs from all over New Zealand in the finals and came out very strong resulting in a first and second podium finish in the Under19 Fours and with the doubles finishing strongly in the B finals.
Under 19 Fours - three crews made the A final
- Lucia Fuller, Sophie Bowden, Sophie Hill, Eva Watson, (cox Julia Coppens) - Gold
- Gabby Goodenbour, Emily Bowden, Rosa Edge, Sarah Cody-Mandell - Silver
- Sophie Radcliffe, Bridget Morris, Kathleen King, Caitlin Jamieson
Under 19 Doubles
- Chloe Haglund & Anabel Nicolson - Sell
- Lucianna Crawford & Manawa Greenwood