The CGHS Old Girls’ Association has a long and proud history. Founded in 1900 by Mary Gibson (then Principal and an ex-pupil) for ex-pupils and ex-teachers, the Old Girls’ Association was established just 23 years after CGHS itself.
Times have changed. However, the intent of the Association’s founders remains today, and the Association continues to be an integral part of Christchurch Girls’ High School, Te Kura o Hine Waiora.
The Association supports the school’s Vision and Principles, which are underpinned by the school’s Values of Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga, Aroha and Rangatiratanga.
history the Association has encouraged old girls to attend important school
functions and give practical support to the school and Acland House. It has nurtured
friendships and memories through meetings and activities.
Today the CGHS Old Girls’ Association aims to:
- foster and keep alive amongst past and present pupils and staff, a remembrance of CGHS and Acland House
- take an active interest in the welfare of CGHS and Acland House.
Our Association has branches throughout New Zealand, the largest being the Christchurch branch. The Old Girls’ Association administers the Memorial Prizes, presented to keep alive the memory of past teachers and students, and has made many other contributions to the school and Acland House over the years.
We are governed by our Constitution. The latest version is here.
You can contact us at email@example.com. We are always thrilled to welcome and meet new members!