Please read the information below.
Intermediate School’s Swimming Championships
Selwyn Aquatic Center, Tuesday 10 April, commencing 9.15am
Dear Parents / Caregivers and Competitors,
We are pleased to advise you that your child has been selected to represent Cobham Intermediate at the Intermediate School’s Swimming Championships.
Each school is required to provide staff and parents to assist for this event. If you are able to assist please can you email to let me know.
A list of each competitors races is attached in another file, there maybe some movement within these events for your child due to students opting in other events or out of the competition. There will be a finalized event list email closer to the time. If your child meets these criteria please contact me to inform me of your decision;
1. Has qualified for a 50m event and they would like to opt into the 100m Open event for that disipline instead
2. Has qualified for more than three individual events student is highlighted in green (you can only pick three)
3. Has qualified for 25m events and 50m events (you can only enter 25m or 50m events but not a mix of both)
Competitors need to know on the day…
- We are traveling via bus so students need to meet in the school hall by 7:30am, bus will be leaving at 8:00am. The bus will arrive around 8.30pm.
- wear school sports t-shirt over their togs.
- bring togs, towel, red swimming cap (this will be provided on the day and will need to be handed back to Mr McKee before you leave), drink, snacks and book or other entertainment for down time (at own risk).
- travel by Bus there and back, returning to school at approximately 1:30pm.
- have full Christian name, surname and school code (COBH) clearly written on their hand /arm in permanent marker. This is to assist recorders in a noisy pool area.
The first race will begin at 9:15am. Competitors in the first six races (on the Primary Sport Canterbury Website under Draws.) will be marshalled at 9am sharp. The ½ day competition will conclude around 1pm, all competitors must be transported back to school in the same vehicle and attend school until 3pm finish time.
Some notes from the swimming organisers…
· Parking, going to open Foster Park (opposite pool) go in road where pool is, turn right, can park down alleyway. Buses can get in.
· DQ’s (make sure kids know rules before they arrive)
· Must finish on back in backstroke, can’t turn at finish.
· Order in mixed medley will be called out
There is a cost of $10, which partially covers the bus transportation. Payments need to be made by 29th March.
- Cheque (Payable to Cobham Intermediate School)
- Direct credit / internet to 03 - 1705 - 0007063 – 00
(Please put CHILD’S NAME followed by CANT SWIM as the reference).
All events will be timed finals (ie no heats and finals) and children must stay in the water at the completion of the race until the Chief Judge gives permission to get out of the pool.
Technical information and approximate timetable will be available from the website www.primarysportscanterbury.org.nz.
Please contact me if you have any queries at firstname.lastname@example.org