A regular update of Diocesan vacancies and those further afield.
Diocese of Dunedin
Upper Clutha Anglican Parish: Aged Care Pastoral Worker 0.3 FTE
The Anglican Parish of the Upper Clutha serves the people of the fast-growing regions of Cromwell, Tarras and Wanaka. We are seeking to appoint an ordained or lay person to join our ministry team with a focus on aged care.
You will have:
- Understanding and (preferably) experience in working with older people
- Excellent people skills and an ability to relate to older people and their family/whanau
- An ability to develop and implement ideas of new ways of working with older people
- A strong Christian faith framework that underpins all that you do.
The successful applicant will be based in Cromwell and will focus on:
- Residential care chaplaincy services
- Developing a team of lay ministry volunteers
- Building working relationships with other agencies working with older people
- Assisting with pastoral care of older people
- Developing new projects to improve spiritual and physical wellbeing of older people
For further information about the position and a job description contact the Rev. Damon Plimmer (Vicar) at email@example.com.
Applications close at noon on Friday 19 January 2024.
Anglican Family Care
For all current vacancies see the AFC website here
Diocese of Christchurch
Fulltime Vicar Parish of Opawa-St Martins
St Mark’s Opawa offers an exciting opportunity, in a rejuvenated, growing and diverse city, to join us as our Vicar and with God’s help and grace, to continue to grow ways of being a relevant presence in this place.
• To develop an inclusive and welcoming community both inside and outside the Church walls.
• To be a servant leader and advocate for gospel values; to help people see their own potential, to work with and for others, to inspire those they serve to serve others.
• To offer a place at the table for all who value the critical exploration of faith, theology, ideas, community, music, the creative arts, and for any person who might find a home with us.
Some of the attributes we are looking for in a person with the courage to take up the challenge:
- Leadership with vision, energy and enthusiasm expressed in sensitive quality liturgical worship, pastoral concern, and educational opportunities both in deepening spiritual development in adults and teaching at St Mark’s School.
- A person whose life is shaped by prayer and who actively encourages others to pray deeply and regularly.
- An ability to speak Te Reo Maori, or a willingness to learn.
- An openness to continually explore new ways of growing faith in our school family.
- The exposition of progressive theology and biblical appreciation in relation to our present world.
- The ability to work collegially with vestry and staff as well as with others in the parish who contribute leadership and expertise.
Applicants must be Anglican priests currently in good standing with their present bishop, who already have the right to work in New Zealand and are willing to undertake Police vetting.
A parish profile and an expression of interest form are available by emailing the Executive Assistant at the Diocese of Christchurch: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 03 348 6701. Expressions of Interest close 5pm on Monday 22nd January 2024.
St John’s Theological College/Te Whare Wānanga o Hoani Tapu te Kaikauwhau i te Rongopai
We are currently looking to recruit for four new positions at the College. Please find attached the job advertisements for
- An Academic Director
- A Chaplain
- An Academic Registrar
- An EA to the Manukura/Principal
Please circulate these advertisements widely throughout your networks and don’t hesitate to get in touch if you are interested.
Dr Emily Colgan
Manukura | Principal
College of St John the Evangelist
Hoani Tapu te Kaikauwhau i te Rongopai
( Mob +64 27 430 8330
: email@example.com https://www.stjohnscollege.ac.nz/
* 202 – 210 St Johns Road, St Johns, Auckland 1072
* Private Bag 28 907, Remuera, Auckland 1541
Diocese of Waiapu
The Anglican Parish of Greater Hastings
Seeking Expressions of InterestThe Anglican Parish of Greater Hastings encompasses St Matthew’s Anglican Church, Hastings; St Peter’s Anglican Church, Riverslea; St Martin’s Community Hall, Mayfair; Parkvale; Mahora & Flaxmere.
From May 2024 we have the flexibility to explore new opportunities in ministry as a Priest Associate is withdrawing from full-time stipended ministry. This opens these possibilities:
- A 0.5 FTE position to compliment that of our Priest Associate. This position will be no less than 0.4 FTE and no more than 0.6 FTE.
- A full-time stipended ministry position as Priest Associate.
Ideally these options would be suited to an ordained Anglican clergyperson, however as a skills-based team the 0.5 FTE position would also suit a layperson who added to the team’s skill set.
Initially this would be for a 2-year fixed-term position which will be reviewable and renewable.
Our faith communities, which lie at the heart of Hastings, are diverse and inclusive, embracing contemplative and justice focussed spirituality.
Hawke’s Bay is the fruit and vegetable bowl, as well as the wine and craft beer glass of Aotearoa New Zealand, with an enriching arts and culture scene, excellent academic opportunities, fabulous outdoor experiences, and superb sporting facilities.
Please send your Expression of Interest to Sandra Gifkins, EA to Bishop Andrew Hedge, firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 26 January 2024.
Diocese of Wellington
Nominations are open for the position of Assistant Bishop in the Diocese of Wellington.
The position will support Bishop Justin to lead the Diocese of Wellington in its vision of being a transformative movement of local faith communities.
Follow this link for more information. Please note that that the Preliminary Enquiry process concludes on Thursday 30 November.
Interchurch Council for Hospital Chaplaincy
To be considered, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Application form
Hospital Chaplain 1FTE
Burwood Hospital, Christchurch
Te Whatu Ora o Waitaha/Canterbury
Closes: 4pm, Wednesday 17th January 2024
Hospital Chaplain 0.3FTE (Negotiable)
Wairau Hospital, Blenheim
Te Whatu Ora o Nelson Marlborough
Closes: 4pm, Wednesday 17th January 2024