Our next Synod takes place from Friday 16 to Sunday 18 September 2022, with Saturday's session in the Dunedin Town Hall's Fullwood Room. More information to follow, below is an outline of timelines and a link to annual return information.
Parish, Local Churches and Diocesan Organisations Annual Returns
See separate article. These are now overdue, please get them to the Diocesan Office as soon as possible. This is important so that we can update our Synod reps list.
Synod 2022: 16-18 September 2022
We are holding Synod in Dunedin, with the main session on Saturday 17 September taking place in the Fullwood Room at the Dunedin Town Hall. We are confirming the venue for the opening of Synod on Friday night, watch this space. More information on this to follow in the Synod Book
Deadlines for Synod
- Friday 3 June: 1st Memo to Synod Reps, Request for reports memo
- Thursday 21 July: Synod Reports Due
- Thursday 28 July: Last day for Bills
- Thursday 4 August: Bills submitted to Statutes and Standing Orders Committee (SSO)
- Thursday 18 August Bills (and Motions) back from SSO Committee; Requests for printing deadline
- Friday 19 August: Print Synod Books
- Friday 26 August: Post Synod books (to receive by 2 September)
- Friday 3 September: Synod book “on-line”; Deadline for further notices, motions, petitions, questions; Last day for notification of any alternates
As the situation with COVID continues to be unpredictable, we may need to alter how we meet at short notice (for health and safety reasons).
Welcome slides for Synod - a reminder of how we will run this if we need to meet virtually.
Attendance - Leave of Absence
All Synod reps are expected to attend this session of Synod. If you are unable to attend, email the Bishop via his Executive Assistant, Nicola Wong with Request Synod Leave of Absence in the subject line, or phone 03 488 0826.
- A reminder that the Guide to Synod is useful to have a look at, especially for newer Synod members.
- Also, check out the 2021 Yearbook which contains a record of the proceedings from Synod 2021.
If you have any questions please contact the Diocesan Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03-488-0821
The Synod Book (Synod paperwork).
The Synod book is still to be published. For a reminder of 2021 proceedings (parts 1,2, 3 and 4) , follow the links below or see attachments at the end of this article.
- Part 4 - Synod Conference Session Papers which includes pre-reading for a Conference session (this is now not taking place)
Tip: if you go to the Index of each part of the Synod book and Ctrl + click on information you want to go to, this will take you there without having to scroll through all the pages.
This is the best way to access the most important information about Synod (this will be updated closer to Synod).
The First Day of Synod Saturday 18 September 2021
Click on the link above for a summary of what took place.