Dunedin Public Libraries are grateful for the support of ŌCASA for some of our public talks. We invited them to explain about the work they do for the Ōtepoti Dunedin community.
Kia ora, we’re so glad you found us. Welcome to Ōtepoti Collective Against Sexual Abuse (ŌCASA). Until November 2019 we were known as Rape Crisis Dunedin.
We’re a not-for-profit, community-led organisation offering free and confidential services to survivors and their supporters, friends and whānau, at all stages of the healing journey. Our work also includes Prevention Education and community workshops, including a focus on healthy relationships, consent, and how to be active in preventing harm.
The support services we provide are:
· Face-to-face support and crisis support sessions during office hours
· Social work
· Phone support, including one-off and anonymous support, via our Support Line
· Support at the hospital, police station and law courts
· Referrals to other agencies.
· 24/7 emergency response and support with police procedures*
· 24/7 support for forensic procedures, including support for survivors accessing acute medical care following sexual abuse/assault*
*Please note that after hours (24/7) crisis support is initiated through local police and the Sexual Assault Assessment Treatment Service (SAATS) who will contact our service when survivors request support outside of our office hours.
ŌCASA is also excited to offer Prevention Education to the community. We provide the ACC Mates & Dates programme for high school students in Ōtepoti, as well as community workshops and training for other agencies and collaborators. We are also developing our own best practice, evidence-based education programme for rangatahi, to respond to the complex issues our young people are facing in the modern world.
To get in touch with us:
for support for yourself:
- You can call us for support on (03) 474 1592, or leave a voice message if the line is busy.
- If you’re interested in our education programmes or workshops, please contact our Prevention Co-ordinator, Hazel
- To enquire about the Mates & Dates programme, please contact Meghan, our Mates & Dates Programme Co-ordinator
- You can also check out our website
to donate, or enquire about volunteer opportunities:
- Contact Calla, our Funding & Resource Co-ordinator, at email@example.com
- Donations can also be made through our website.