"Every child and their whanau should have the opportunity to be digitally connected."
A low cost and flexible broadband internet connection for learning.
Spark Jump is a social programme, bringing subsidised home broadband to NZ children. It's a way of helping solve the digital divide by ensuring children have digital access both at schools and at home. The programme is supported by the Spark Foundation.
Who can have access to and use Spark Jump?
Families with children under the age of 18 and do not already have the internet in their home.
How much does it cost?
- Free to join
- You are provided with a free wireless modem while you are using the programme
- The modem comes with 30BG preloaded data
- Top up as you go. $10 for 30GB of data. Unused date expires after 30 days.
- No fixed-term contract.
- There's no contract or credit check required.
What do I have to do to access Spark Jump?
- Attend a Spark Jump workshop and sign a Kawa of Care at Timaru, Temuka or Geraldine Library.
- Have access to 4G coverage.
If you have any questions, please contact Sharon Taylor, Group Manager Community Services, at the Timaru District Council on (03) 687 7292.