Keeping ourselves SAFE - important reminder to all parents/caregivers/students
We have a collective responsibility to be safe and to model safe behaviour around our schools/community and on our rural roads daily.
Please take note of the following safety requirements:
- Please SLOW down to 20km when travelling past a stationary school bus especially outside schools and when bus flashing lights are on.
- Please DO NOT make a U-Turn outside the schools.
- Please DO NOT stop and drop off on the yellow line.
- Please keep bus parks free between 8.15am-8.45am and 2.45pm - 3.15pm.
- Hi Vz Vests must be worn by all Year 7, 8 & 9 bus students when waiting for the bus in the mornings.
- Hi Vz Vests must be worn by all GPS students, both am and pm.
- Students are to follow the seating plan and sit in their correct seats.
Teach your children to behave safely around school buses - LOOK, LISTEN and look after each other.
Remind them that they must wear their seatbelts if provided in their bus. This is a legal requirement.
Encourage them to respect their driver, bus monitors and their fellow bus students by following the bus Code of Conduct at all times.
If students do not follow our Bus Safety Rules, we will have no option but to withdraw students from travelling on the school bus. We hope that parents/caregivers will support the schools in maintaining these safety standards.
"Safety Behaviour on Buses Programme"