School Examination Week
Exam week is from Monday 5th of September - Friday 9th of
September. The morning exams run from
8:45am – 11:45am and afternoon exams from 12:45pm – 3:45pm.
If you have an exam clash please see your teachers to arrange an alternative time to sit the exam within Examination Week.
Note for correspondence students:
If you are a correspondence student you must do the correspondence exam on Monday afternoon. If you have a clash it is the other exam that you need to reschedule, as all correspondence papers must be completed on Monday so that they can be sent away before the marking deadline.
Examination Rules and Procedures
All Year 11-13 students are on study leave during this time. It is the expectation that students are either at school sitting an exam, or at home studying. Students may only use the Library for study at school unless receiving tuition from a teacher. Students are not expected to be playing on the fields as Year 7-10 classes are running as normal. The Common Room is not for study. All Year 11-13 students at school for study must sign in/out at the School Office. You do not need to sign in for an exam.
To travel on the school buses students must be in school uniform or have signed permission from a teacher.
Students must make prior arrangements if they wish to see a teacher for study / tutorials. Teachers need to know students are coming.
Where an exam/practical or reassessment has been listed, it is compulsory for students to attend.
- If absent from school on the day of an exam students must phone the School Office on that day and provide a medical certificate on your return.
- Students should assemble 15 minutes prior to their exam.
- Supervising teachers will check attendance.
- Students who arrive late must come to the School Office. Teachers supervising the exam will be notified by the Office Staff and then students will be escorted into the exam by a teacher. No additional time will be given.
- All students will remain in the exam room for a minimum of 1 hour, and you can not leave the exam room in the last 15 minutes of the 3 hour period.
- You can only communicate with the supervisor. To do this you need to put your hand up.
- Consult your own copy of the exam timetable to ensure that you attend all exams at the appropriate time and place.
- Students who behave inappropriately will be asked to leave and will face discipline procedures. Parents will be contacted.
- Spare paper is not given to make notes or planning, you must use the paper provided in the booklet.
- When students leave the exam they must leave the building, not go to the toilet.
Students with reader / writers will be collected from the hall.
- Be in full school uniform when at school, either for study or for an exam. Slippers, sleeping bags, blankets etc are not acceptable.
- Follow the supervisors' instructions at ALL times.
- Communicate only with the supervisor by putting your hand up.
- Behave in a polite and courteous manner during the exam
- If you need to leave the exam for any reason, students MUST obtain permission from the supervisor (hand up).
- Blue and black pens must be used. All necessary stationery must be in a clear plastic bag. Twink is not allowed.
- Not bring mobile phones, iPods etc. All electronic items are by approval of the supervisor only. Any item that is confiscated will be returned at the end of the week.
- All bags MUST left in the Hall Foyer, not outside the hall.
- Bring your materials in a clear plastic sleeve or in your hands. You may bring with you; a drink bottle containing water and a reading book if you think you will finish early.
- Not bring lollies.
- Place all loose sheets of writing paper together at the conclusion of the exam and place these inside the exam paper.
Please see the timetable attached.