On Wednesday 13th March we took a team of 35 Students to compete in the Aoraki Athletics. We had a great day out with some great results.
Result from the day:
- Emma Becroft - 1st in U14 100m, 200m and 80m Hurdles. Emma broke her own school records for 100m and 200m. She also broke the Aoraki Record for 80m Hurdles in a time of 12.55.
- Kirsten Schonveld - 3rd in U14 Triple Jump
- Amelia McKeown - 1st in U15 Triple Jump and 2nd in 400m
- Gabriella Rusbridge - 2nd in U16 800m and 3rd in 400m
- Rhiannon Savage - 3rd in U16 200m
- Lani Curtis - 1st in U19 Girls High Jump
- Megan Isherwood - 1st in AWD Discus
- Jessica Adams-Stachurski - 2nd in AWD Discus and Shot Put
- Nicole Taroy - 2nd in AWD 100m and 3rd in Discus
- Dylan Wilton-Armitage - 2nd in U14 Triple Jump
- Angus Grant - 2nd in U15 200m
- Hayden Sturm - 3rd in U15 High Jump
- Kahn Ashton - 1st in U16 800m and 2nd in 3000m
- Xavier Henwood - 1st in U16 Shot Put
- Kiarn Prentice - 1st in U16 Triple Jump and 3rd in Long Jump
- Karma Gyeltshen - 3rd in U19 400m
- Sam Keenan - 2nd in U19 Javelin
- Jacob Boal - 2nd in U19 Triple Jump
- Jack Leov - 2nd in AWD Shot Put and 3rd in Discus
- Our U16 Girls relay Team - 3rd - Libby Patrick, Gabriella Rusbridge, Rhiannon Savage and Nikita Richards.
Well done to all students who competed.
On the weekend of 29th-31st March we had 5 students head to Nelson to compete in the SISS Athletics. With a small team we had some great results:
Emma Becroft - 1st in the South Island for 100m, 200m and 80m Hurdles. Emma once again ran her fastest and broke her own school records. She also broke the SISS record for 80m Hurdles in a time of 12.38.
U14 100m Record now 12.99 and 200m 26.48.
Kiarn Prentice also competed in the SISS Athletics Championships and placed 2nd in the South Island for Triple Jump with a PB jump of 12.18.
Well done to all those who competed but especially to Emma and Kiarn for your placings.
Sam Guerin and Lee Voigt competed in the SISS MTB held in Methven on Friday 29th and Saturday 30th March. The boys competed in the U16 Grade. They faced some massive fields and raced really well.
Sam competed in the Enduro Race and Lee competed in the Downhill and Enduro Race.
Well done boys.
Friday Night Volleyball
It's been a big two terms of Volleyball and our teams have done very well. The finals were held on Friday 5th April.
- Senior A Girls - 3rd in A Grade
- Senior Red Girls - 5th in A Grade
- Senior Black - 4th in B Grade
- Senior Boys - 6th in A Grade
- Junior A Girls - 1st in A Grade
- Junior B Girls - 2nd in B Grade
Well done to all teams and thanks to all the coaches for helping with these teams. Such a great reflection of your time and effort.
Conor Foley-Smith and Alex Hayes have both been selected for the Crusaders Junior Knights Development Programme for Rugby.
Conor, Alex and Michael Livingstone have also been selected for the Roncalli/Aoraki Combined team to compete in the Crusaders competition.
Kiarn Prentice was named MVP at the U18 Softball Tournament held in Christchurch and was selected for the NZ U16 Softball team who will be travelling to Australia. He is currently practising batting with a 200kph pitching machine! Congratulations Kiarn.
Winter sports are into action.
Netball - We have 9 teams from GHS this year. Senior A’s play on Wednesday nights, 5 teams play on Saturday afternoons and 3 teams play on Saturday mornings.
Rugby - We have a 2 teams under GHS and a number of students playing for the Geraldine Rugby Club.
Basketball - We have 2 Year 7 & 8 teams who play on Monday nights and 5 (Year 9 and above) teams starting Term 2 on Friday nights.
We have a number of students playing for the Geraldine Football Club and Geraldine Hockey Club. These students will then join together to enter a Geraldine High School team for Winter Tournament in September.