2023 Fees, Forms and Other Information
International Student Fee Schedule
- $15,500 (including GST) per year
- $12,500 (including GST) for three terms
- $9,400 (including GST) for two terms
- $6,300 (including GST) for one term
These tuition fees include a non-refundable enrolment fee of $500. The tuition fee covers all costs relating to the school programmes such as subject fees, stationery, required study books, class trips, ESOL tuition, and some extra-curricular activities.
For students not sitting exams in November alternate activities will be arranged for 3 weeks.
Tuition Fees do not include examination entry fees, subject fees for specialist courses such as Outdoor Education, or materials for technology classes.
Weekly fees for homestay are $280 per week for all students. Homestay fees must be paid to the school at least 12 weeks in advance.
Geraldine High School has several options for programmes for international students. Listed below are the most common options which our students choose. If you wish to explore a different option than one listed below please feel free to contact us.
All students in Years 7 to 13 are required to wear school uniform. Students will be provided with their uniform as part of the tuition fees but students may be required to buy some items(socks, shirt etc). All our senior students are required to wear blazers. All students will pay $100 for a second hand uniform and some of this will be refunded with the return of the uniform.
As a condition of enrolment all students are required to have Uni-Care Travel and Medical Insurance or another insurance policy that meets the Ministry of Education’s Code of Practice. The school can organise this at the time of enrolment or students can organise their own and supply the school with policy details. The cost of this insurance ranges from $585 - $675 for 12 months with cheaper options available for shorter terms.
Further information regarding insurance options and the policy can be found on the Uni-Care
For students taking part in our Outdoor Education courses the fees are:
- Term 1 - $ 325
- Term 2 - $ 650
- Term 3 - $ 800
- Term 4 - $1000
- Term 1 - $ 500
- Term 2 - $ 800
- Term 3 - $1100
- Term 4 - $1200
2023 Public Holidays
Schools must be closed in 2023 on Saturdays and Sundays, and on the following days:
- New Years Day – 1st January
- Day after New Years Day – 2nd January
- Waitangi Day – 6th February (Observed day)
- Good Friday – 7th April
- Easter Monday – 10th April
- Easter Tuesday (school holiday) – 11th April
- Anzac Day – 25th April
- Queen's Birthday – 5th June
- Labour Day – 23rd October
- Christmas Day – 25th December
- Boxing Day – 26th December
1. All costs are in New Zealand Dollars.
2. Tuition fees do not include the following:
- NCEA examination entry fees
- costs for specialist courses such as Outdoor Education
- the cost of scientific or graphic calculators
- materials for food, textiles, wood or metal technology classes.
- sports club fees
3. Other costs that are not included include agent’s fees, health and travel insurance fees, personal spending money, personal travel expenses and entry for national qualifications such as Pitman, TOEFL or IELTS. Students who choose to study a subject through the New Zealand Correspondence School will be required to pay an additional fee to the Correspondence School.
4. Geraldine High School has a refund policy for international students. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment regarding refunds of tuition or homestay fees.
5. At the end of the year students may need to stay longer in order to complete national
qualifications examinations. Alternatively, students who have finished all their work may
depart earlier. The school will refund or charge an additional homestay week as appropriate
to the situation.
Please complete the form below and submit with all relevent documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions document can also be found below.
Performance and School Documents
Find out more about our school performance here.