When the weather turns wet or cold it doesn't mean you have to stop exercising, check out the multiple options below of what to do indoors!
LES Mills Fitness Sessions
- Did you know that LES Mills has teamed up with TVNZ to offer workout sessions FREE on TVNZ 1 at 9am every weekday.
- However, if you are not a morning person these are available at TVNZ OnDemand. There is already some classes uploaded and you can choose from BODYATTACK, BODYBALANCE, BODYCOMBAT.
Body Weight Exercises
No equipment, no worries! Try a body weight circuit, all you need is your body and maybe a towel to lay on. Take a 30 second break between each exercise or challenge yourself to complete each activity straight after each other.
- Example: 20 squats, 10 push ups, 10 lunges (each leg), 15 second plank, 30 jumping jacks. Or check out the below chart and work out a circuit for you!
- Check out this great 20 minute body weight video to follow along with (or find others on Youtube)
Want to use weights but don't have any available - Why not try some of these alternatives:
- Large rock or ball - Replacement medicine ball
- Milk bottles, water bottles or cans of food - Replacement dumbbells or kettle bells (fill with bottles water or sand for more weight)
- Chair - Use for inclined push ups or triceps dips
- Wall - Use for holding squats i.e. wall sits
- Stairs - Running up and down, plus calf raises on edge of step
- Baby/Toddler - Fun way to get the young ones involved and you use them as a weight *ASK PARENT/CAREGIVER FIRST*
- Yoga is another low impact type of workout that is great for relieving stress, assisting flexibility - which reduces chances of injury, and helping you relax.
- Try out this Wake Up Yoga (only 11 minutes!) to get you started for the day.
- Yoga with Adriene is a fantastic yoga YouTube channel that has HEAPS of videos ranging in length and what they are focusing on, have a look and see if it is for you.
More content to come - Check back on this article to find out more Indoor Activities to try!