Tomorrow’s Schools was introduced 30 years ago and led to major reform in schools. A taskforce has been asked by the Minister of Education to review Tomorrow’s Schools. It’s identified eight major issues and made several recommendations. The proposals are significant and wide reaching.
The three documents attached below give an insight into the taskforce’s findings:
1) A two page report summary
2) A ten page summary of the issues and recommendations. The taskforce are proposing changes to:
- school provision
- school competition and choice
- disability and learning support
- school leadership
- central education agencies.
3) An update giving details of public meetings, as well as details of how we can make responses. There are two public consultation meetings in Christchurch on 21 February – here are the links to register for the 4pm and 7pm meetings.
I encourage our school community to attend these events to talk about the future of our schooling system. You can register for these meetings. I’ll keep you updated through our e-newsletters too.