Hail's Stats have been rebuilt from scratch to make them much more accurate and powerful with amazing new insights coming soon.
Many of you have told us how important it is to have viewer numbers on your articles and publications. Getting a feel for how engaged your community is and which content is the most widely read can be very reassuring for publishers.
So to deliver you the best and most precise stats, we’ve rebuilt the feature from scratch. Unfortunately, as part of the rebuild, we've had to reset all the numbers back to zero and start the count again fresh. This means that any views before the 21st of September, 2021 on older articles, publications and the website aren’t included in the latest stats.
We apologise for any inconvenience this causes but we hope you’ll enjoy the much-improved stats and exciting updates on the horizon:
- As before, the Stats Dashboard is an overview that covers Recent Articles/Publications and visits to your Hail Website if you have one. Now, with an updated design, it's more concise with no clicking and scrolling needed to check out and compare the Most Viewed Publications.
- For our Pro and Plus Plan customers, the latest upgrade also brings stats directly into all your article and publication edit screens. This means you can search and browse across all your content, checking out viewer numbers as you go.
This is just the start
Our new stats engine means we can shortly provide a number of much richer insights into viewers. With Advanced Stats you'll be able to track details like views over time, by country and even break down what percentage of viewers came from Facebook, Email, Google and your website. Plus we can reveal what kinds of devices people are using to view your content — all this while respecting the privacy of your community and not exposing any identifying details.
Awesome! When can I get it?
The first phase of our Stats upgrade is live now! Just refresh Hail in your browser for all the latest.
We’ll be sure to get back in touch when our Advanced Stats go live.
- Stats can take up to 24 hours to update.
- Article stats include views within any publications, the website and individual articles shared to social media, email, etc.
- Views are 'unique' and are only counted once for each viewer in each session. So if a viewer opens a publication and jumps back and forth from the article list into multiple articles it'll only count as one view for the publication and one view for each article that's read.