A Funeral Link Prepaid funeral is fully Residential Care Subsidy compliant and exempt from the asset test.
Preplanning Your Own Funeral
When it comes to funerals many of us don’t like to think about them. Today, more and more people are changing the way they think and find that it makes a lot of sense to pre-arrange their funeral and/or join a pre-payment plan.
Throughout our lives we plan for almost every financial eventuality we may face.
Pre-arranging and/or pre-paying for our funeral helps relieve your family of emotional and financial worries when the time comes.
Your local Funeral-Link funeral director will answer your questions and assist you with those important decisions in planning your funeral – the type of funeral service required, burial or cremation, choice of casket, flowers, catering, headstones and plaques and the many other items associated with the modern funeral.
Dealing with a Funeral-Link funeral director you can have the peace of mind knowing that your wishes are known and that you have made arrangements for them to be carried out.
As many funeral directors will tell you, it is not unusual for the grieving family to be unaware of the deceased’s funeral wishes.
Pre-arranging and/or pre-paying your funeral means your wishes about how you’d like things to be at your funeral are known and can be respected.
Pre-Paying Your Own Funeral
Planning and paying for your funeral in advance may seem a difficult task to face, but like making a will, the ideal time to make these plans is well beforehand, without worry or stress.
Why a Funeral-Link Prepaid Funeral Plan?
Experience has shown the need to be able to plan for funerals in advance. To fulfil this need, funeral-link has created such a plan; which is a means of arranging your funeral, in advance and pre-paying for it at the same time.
Benefits of the Funeral-Link Prepaid Funeral Plan
- You are able to choose your own individual funeral service.
- Your family and friends are relieved of emotional and financial burden.
- One only payment at today's prices - regardless of when death occurs may be an option.
- Peace of mind - knowing your affairs are in order.
- Flexibility - funeral arrangements can be altered if circumstances change.
- Should you move away from your current location your plan is portable and a funeral-link funeral director anywhere in NZ may access the funds held on trust.
- Your wishes and preferences are carefully documented and you receive a copy for your records.
- A Funeral-Link Prepaid Funeral Plan is excluded from WINZ asset testing when entering retirement home care.
Find Funeral-Link at www.prepaidfunerals.co.nz