Personal Assistant to the Catholic Bishop of Christchurch
· Unique support opportunity within a diverse organisation
· Full time (37.5 hrs/ week)
· Central Christchurch location
The Catholic Diocese of Christchurch, with a wide variety of ministries, parishes, schools and other Catholic bodies, embraces the majority of Canterbury and Westland, as well as the Chatham Islands. Established in 1887, the Diocese is currently led by Bishop Michael Gielen and is a diverse and forward-thinking place.
With the impending retirement of the incumbent PA, the opportunity to join the Diocesan Curia team in this unique role has become available.
Located at Cathedral House in Washington Way this position has plenty keep you interested and busy.
About the Role:
This key role will see you responsible for a range of administrative duties providing confidential, high quality, professional and timely support for the Bishop while working alongside the Senior Leadership Team of the Christchurch Diocese, ensuring the efficient running of the Bishop’s Office.
Key tasks include:
- Providing the necessary support for the Bishop in relation to managing his calendar and diary appointments, strategically scheduling and prioritising meetings and appointments
- Acting as the point of contact for the Bishop
- Supporting communication channels, ensuring email enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner; fielding and prioritising phone calls, delegating as necessary
- Drafting, reviewing and sending communications on behalf of the Bishop
- Collating Agenda papers and minute taking for the monthly Board of Management and Finance meetings using the BoardPro program
- Organising regular functions/meetings for the Bishop and clergy as necessary.
Skills & Experience:
The skills and attributes we are seeking include the following:
- Experience as a Personal Assistant
- Minute taking experience
- High integrity, respecting and adhering to confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Enthusiasm for working in a faith-based environment and alignment with Catholic Diocese of Christchurch Vision Statement
- Empathy for the disadvantaged
- Excellent listening and communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain great working relationships
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organisational and administrative skills, with an eye for detail
- Strong computer literacy and experience using the Microsoft Office suite
- Resilience and the ability to remain calm under stress
- Enjoying being part of a team
- Sensitivity to and acceptance of people’s different values, beliefs and experience.
· Be part of a faith-based organisation, working with a passionate and committed team
· Make a real impact in communities, by supporting the Diocese activities
· Contribute to shaping the future of the Catholic Diocese of Christchurch.
Candidates can view the Candidate Briefing document including a Position Description and apply, in strict confidence, online at www.sheffield.co.nz
To apply by email, please attach your cover letter and CV and send to email@example.com quoting 8473SIaa. Applications close on 1 March 2023. Emails will be electronically acknowledged, and further correspondence may be by email.
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 (0)274 478 102.