40 week Primary Industry Training
Agriculture is the backbone of NZ and it offers fast and dynamic pathways to management roles. Now’s the time to get on board and grab one of the many opportunities available.
Here’s your chance to:
- Reconnect to the land
- Learn a high degree of technology employed in today’s agriculture
- Get an NZQA Level 3 qualification and Agri Training certification
The Primary Trade Certificate Programme is focused on starting you off as a good practitioner in your chosen field. It is practically geared and emphasises teamwork, professionalism and working together for mutual success. It is a 50/50 split of practical on farm training supported with theory-based learning.
This is an immersive programme where learning is fast-paced, engaging and rewarding. On completion of the programme, we help place you in employment and provide pastoral care to support your transition into the industry. Each person will become proficient in a variety of general agricultural tasks as well as becoming a specialist in one of the three disciplines on offer.
The Primary Trade Certificate Programme is held at our Winchmore campus. If you are from outside the area we will work with you to find suitable accommodation from billets to shared flats.
What you will get from the programme:
- Wide range of practical experience in multiple disciplines
- Focus on performance and integrity
- Low tutor ratio for maximum knowledge transfer (15:1 Max)
- High-intensity course, you will be pushed to achieve
- Placement into the industry with a progressive employer
- A pastoral care package to help you transition to employment
Upon completion, students will receive a New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture Level 3, delivered in partnership with NTA, and the Agri Training Primary Trade Certificate.