Term 2 has seen KHS students achieve tremendous success in their chosen sports.
A big congratulations to all of the following students:
- McKenzie Bailey-McDowall, Year 9, who competed in the Canterbury U15 Softball team at the Asia Pacific Qualifying Tournament in Jakarta in June. The team came second in the final against The Philippines.
- Rhearn Le Huray, Year 11, who competed at the NZ Dance Awards with dancers from across New Zealand and Australia. The competition saw Rhearn competing with around 50 senior dancers, ranging from 15 - 19 years old, for the prestigious title of New Zealand's Top Dancer - Senior 2019/2020. Not only did Rhearn perform superbly, but she won the title! Rhearn also travelled up to Auckland to represent at the Kairos Dance Convention, allowing her to be exposed to international tutors. Taking this experience with two hands, she made Kaiapoi High School and Levings School of Dance proud and took home a scholarship to a dance convention in America.
- Alyssa and Emily Harris, Years 12 & 9, who competed in the North Canterbury Trampolining competition recently. Alyssa came 1st in junior elite women's, while Emily placed 5th.
- Alyssa Hendry, Year 11, who was selected for the NZ Miniature Horse Showing Youth Team 1 of 5 to compete at the Australia NZ Youth Challenge. Alyssa also gained 1st place at the 2019 Nationals and named National Guard champion Jumping Miniature Horses.
- Flynn Johnson, Teal Wilkie Taylor Asher and Kees Tiweka, who played in the NZ U18 team at the Fistball Nationals. New Zealand defeated Samoa 2-1 in the first international Fistball series.
- Jay Radovonich, Year 10, who gained 2nd place for the Westland Motor Cycle club and 1st place at the Wheels Week for Moto Cross. Jay has also been selected in the North Canterbury team to compete in the North Island.
- Pai Wynyard, Year 9, who gained 1st place in the Yr 9 Boys Canterbury SS Road Race, 2nd place in the Yr 9 Boys Canterbury SS Cross Country, 11th place in the Yr 9 Boys South Island SS Cross Country and was in the Canterbury Yr 9 Boys Cross Country team that gained 1st place at the NZ Secondary Schools' Cross Country Champs.
- Luke Price, Year 11, who was selected for the NZ U17 Canberra Junior Boys Road Team Cycling Champs.
- Angus Boyd, Year 12, who gained 2nd place in the Production Class at the 2019 NZ Motor Cycle Racing Champs.
- Luke Hopkinson, Year 11, who gained 1st place in the 63kg grade at the 2019 NZSS Wrestling Champs.