Property News - July
We have an official opening date, August the 9th! However, this may be brought forward if things go well or possibly postponed if we have some delays. This opening will be a smaller, less official opening. The Board, Ministry of Education and Staff are planning the big opening once Naylor Love has finished all construction and handed the entire site back to the school. We will release more information about the opening closer to the time but we hope to invite parents on this day.
Check out KPSTV latest episode to see the latest video from the drone group and the interior of the buildings.
It will be all "hands on deck" as we need to move everything out of the senior classes and storage rooms as soon as we receive the new spaces. The normal learning programme may be interrupted during this week and would appreciate any volunteers who can help. We will send out more information once a final date has been locked in.
The building is really starting to take shape and teachers are excited about how they will use the new spaces. The juniors and seniors will be moving in first with the current middles joining some time next year.
We are excited to present to you the final VR panoramas with the selected colour schemes.
As you can imagine a number of changes will need to happen next term as we move in. Things change very quickly but at this point and time we are planning for the following
- Room 1, 1A, 2, 2A, 7,9 and 10 will move to the new building and become, Ono (6), Whitu (7), Waru (8) Iwa(9), Tekau (10), Tekau mā tahi (11), Tekau mā rua(12)
- Room 3, 4, 5 and 6 will move to the junior block and library for two weeks while the first half of the main block is demolished. Once this is completed and the building has its systems reconnected they will return to their original classrooms until next March/April when their new classes will be ready.
- Room 6 will be known as a name that the students will decide until they move in as it will be confusing to have two classes named room 6.
- Room 12 will become Room 13
- We think the office and sick bay will be temporarily set up in the new building while demotion takes place and then move to the current Room 8.
- Year 2 students will move to the new buildings this year and then return to the existing buildings for Term 1 2022 before finally moving into their newly built classes.