On February 11th & 12th the Eastern Regional Junior Surf Lifesaving Championships were held at Waihi Beach. There is a large number of Katikati College students actively involved in Junior Surf and many competed on the day.
With over 600 competitors, our many student Lifeguards were very busy spending long hours patrolling and keeping the competitors safe. The competition was won by Whangamata Junior Surf but the Waihi Beach team was awarded the new Club Spirit and Attitude Award for creating a fantastic positive environment.
Results from Katikati College Students:
U14 Women's: Jess Harray - Silver Medal
- U12 Mixed: Meghann Fraser and Luke Spurr - Gold Medal
- U11 Mixed: Meg Harray - Bronze Medal
- U12 Women's: Tammy Richardson - Silver Medal
- U14 Women's: Jess Harray - Silver Medal
2km Relay Mixed:
- Sean Nicholson and Jess Harray - Gold Medal
- Daniel Nicholson, Thomas Swain and Jordan Nicholson - Bronze Medal
Well done to all these athletes!