As we come to the back end of Term 2 then heading into Term 3, we want to ensure you are well aware of some key dates and information.
Term 2 - Week 10:
- Friday 9th July – Last Day of Term 2
- King’s High School Office will be closed on Monday 12th July through to Friday 16th July (Week 1)
- King’s High School Office will be open on Monday 19th July through to Friday 23rd July between 10am and 3pm (Week 2)
Term 3 - Week 1:
- Monday 26th July – Hockey Turf “Official Opening”
- Friday 30th July/Saturday 31st July – Dunedin Jazz Youth Festival
- Monday 2nd August – Open Morning (some Contributing Schools)
- Thursday 5th August – NCEA (Teacher Only Day)
- Thursday 5th August – King’s High School Open Night (starting at 6.30pm)
- Wednesday 11th August – Coursing Evening for Year 10, 11 and 12 (students/parents in the PAC starting at 6pm)
- Friday 13th August – Year 9 Option Information Day (Year 9 students)
- Wednesday 18th August – Year 10 Blazer Fitting Day
- Thursday 19th August – Parent/Teacher Interviews
- Monday 23rd August through to Friday 27th August – Cultural/Arts Week:
- Thursday 26th August – RAW/Cultural Blues (PAC starting at 6pm)
- Monday 30th August through to Friday 3rd September – Winter Tournament Week:
- Monday 6th September through to Friday 10th September – School Exam - Preparation Week:
- Wednesday 15th September through to Friday 17th September – Polyfest
- Thursday 16th September and Friday 17th September – School Examinations
- Monday 20th September through to Wednesday 22nd September – School Examinations
- Friday 24th September – Staff PLD/Work Day
- Tuesday 28th September – Winter Sports Photos
- Wednesday 29th September – Cultural/Music Photos
- Friday 1st October – Last Day of Term 3
I would ask that you support your son to get into the habit of looking at the school website and the daily notices, as well as ensuring that each night his uniform, books and equipment as needed for the next day are organised. Please also check the parent portal to access academic information on the progress of your son. If there are any concerns accessing the portal please contact Mark Greenfield (Assistant Principal – Year 12) email@example.com
Weekly Notes scores can be tracked via the email sent out each Friday.
Our staff are available to be contacted if you do have any questions or concerns you need to discuss with them.
Holger Korth firstname.lastname@example.org leads our Counselling Team (of 3 staff) and is available to be contacted if you need any support or guidance.
Isaac Hensman email@example.com is our Maori Dean and David Jenkins firstname.lastname@example.org is our Pasifika Dean. Both are available to work with you.
If your son is going to be absent from school at any stage please do not contact the main office. Julie Collings is our attendance officer and can be contacted by ringing the school phone (455-7547) and selecting her extension or by emailing her at email@example.com in advance. It is preferable for Julie to be contacted before school starts if your son is to be absent.
It is important to ensure that all contact details are updated with our school office in the event our staff need to make contact. Please let us know if there has been a change.
If you have any questions about any of the above information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Darin Smith - Deputy Rector