Information Evening for students in Years 8-10. Please read on for further information.
KingsWay School students will have as many as five different careers and 17 different employers in their lives. Today’s top professions such as Engineering, Medicine, Law, Finance and IT will experience massive change through technological innovation, and STEAM skills will be the key for enabling students to navigate all future industries successfully. We believe Space Exploration is a wonderful way to showcase the dynamics and diversity of applying STEAM skills in a highly innovative environment.
We are partnering with the California Association for STEAM Education (CASE) and Actura to offer our students a unique opportunity to participate in an exceptional STEAM learning experience at NASA in the USA. Your child will have their passion ignited and will:
- Discover NASA technologies with industry experts;
- Participate in astronaut training and mission simulations;
- Perform shark dissection and cellular analysis to understand the human body in space;
- Engage with inspirational guest speakers from the space industry;
- Acquire the Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens, by Sean Covey; and
- Cultural enrichment through big atmosphere NBA and MLB sports games, amazing local food and interesting sites such as the prestigious Rice University.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn beyond the classroom in the most inspiring environment.
Your child will return more curious and confident to pursue the subjects they are interested in.
CASE Junior Space School – Training for Young Explorers
We invite parents and students in Years 8-10 to attend the Information Evening starting at 6pm on Wednesday 3 July in the KingsWay School Conference Room.
Please head to this website for more information and to RSVP to the Information Evening: