Information for students and parents who use Auckland Transport.
Off-peak travel is the way to go!
To help everyone keep their distance from others on buses and trains during June, we’re encouraging you to travel at off-peak times if you can.
Adult passengers will receive a 30% discount off standard adult AT HOP fares for travel on weekdays after 9am and before 3pm, or after 6.30pm. Tertiary Students with a tertiary concession on their HOP card will also receive a 30% discount off an Adult AT HOP fare (rather than the usual 20% tertiary discount).
We’re hoping that this will not only benefit your hip pocket but will also help make space for physical distancing on all our services during COVID-19. This way, everyone’s trip will be more comfortable.
Details you need to know
- 30% off the standard adult AT HOP fare.
- Tertiary Students receive a 30% discount off an Adult AT HOP fare (rather than the usual 20% tertiary discount).
- Discounts do not apply to cash fares, remembering cash fares are not accepted during Alert Level.
- Tag on off-peak which is after 9am and before 3pm, and after 6:30pm in the evenings.
- Monday to Friday only.
- Fare offer from 1 June to 30 June.
- For travel on train and bus only.
Find out more
Remember to register your AT HOP card
It makes contact tracing easy if needed. As of this week, 87% of our customers are travelling with a registered AT HOP card. If you haven’t registered yours or need to register on behalf of another person, click here.
We ask that you continue to be understanding and patient - and look forward to seeing you soon.
We continue to support Government advice. The best place to find the latest information about the COVID-19 situation in New Zealand is on the Government’s COVID-19 website.
Hopping on board
If you haven’t travelled with us lately, check out this short video about using public transport during Alert Level 2.