AKO Conferences will take place THIS Tuesday 19th & Wednesday 20th of November. Read on to learn more and book your conference now.
You may be familiar with terms like "Three Way Conferences" or "Learning Conferences" used at other schools.
Ako Conferences are a similar model where the learners have roles and responsibilities around sharing their learning with parents and whanau.
Parents are invited to book into a session which runs for up to an hour. During the session, your child will share his/her learning with you. There will be up to 4 learners and their parents from each whanau group involved in the conference in each session.
Within the session, there will be an opportunity to sit down with your child's whanau teacher for 10 minutes to discuss learning and progress.
If further discussions need to take place around achievement or other areas of your child's development, the whanau teacher will make an appointment for another time. The focus of the conference is for learners to share and celebrate recent learning with their parents.
What can parents do to support their child/rens Ako Conference?
- Make a time with the whanau teacher for another time if there are any concerns about the child’s learning and behaviour.
- Be positively supportive and give time to having supportive conversations with the learner about what it is they are learning at school rather than what they are doing.
- Listen carefully and ask clarifying questions.
- View and provide encouraging comments on learner work, progress and achievement.
- Support goal setting and next step opportunities.
Please see this previous "Jargon Buster" article for more information on Ako Learning Conferences.
This short clip also provides information on what to expect at your Ako Learning Conference.
As with previous conferences, bookings will be online through schoolinterviews.co.nz.
Bookings are open using this link. Or use the URL above and the code: bxj5u. THESE CLOSE TONIGHT
When you have logged in you will see that there are sessions from 1:30pm to 5:00pm on Tuesday and 3:30pm to 7:00pm on Wednesday.
Please note that school will close at 1:00pm on Tuesday 19 November for the conferences.
Unfortunately Busy Bumbles is now up to their limit of 50. Please complete this form to indicate intentions for your child's care for the 1pm finish on Tuesday 19 November.