Information is available here regarding the community consultation around Broadgreen Intermediate enrolment scheme for 2020
Broadgreen Intermediate is currently at 90% student capacity according to the Ministry of Education figures. In order to avoid the potential risk of overcrowding we have agreed with the Ministry of Education to implement an enrolment scheme at Broadgreen Intermediate in 2020.
The Ministry has now approved our intention to commence the formal consultation process. This letter to you is part of the process. Under an enrolment scheme, students who live within the home zone shall be entitled to enrol at their local school. Please find below the draft proposal for our scheme which includes a precise description of the home zone.
Before implementing the scheme, our Board of Trustees is required to consult with our school community of the intended action. Therefore, we formally invite you or your community to make comment regarding the proposed home zone. Please send your response in writing, by email to email@example.com or post to Broadgreen Intermediate 193 Nayland Road Stoke, Nelson p/c 7011 no later than 21st of June 2019.
Our Principal Pete Mitchener is happy to meet with you to discuss this issue, please contact the school office to make an appointment. Further information regarding school zones and legislation can be found at:
Broadgreen Intermediate (3184)
Draft Enrolment Scheme
Effective from 14/12/19
The guidelines for development and operation of enrolment schemes are issued under section 11G (3) of the Education Act 1989 for the purpose of describing the basis on which the Secretary’s powers in relation to enrolment schemes will be exercised.
All students who live within the home zone described below (and shown on the attached map) shall be eligible to enrol at the school.
The Home Zone takes addresses on both sides of the boundary roads mentioned in the description unless otherwise stated.
Starting from the intersection of Nayland Road and Saxton Road West, the home zone follows:
- North-west on Saxton Road West until the end of Saxton Road West
- From the end of Saxton Road West jumps north-west onto Whakatu Drive (SH 6)
- North on Whakatu Drive (SH 6) until Nayland Road (including all the side streets off of Songer Street to the north-west of Whakatu Drive (SH 6))
- North-east on Nayland Road until Quarantine Road (including Kidson place, Venice Place, and Forests Road)
- North-west on Quarantine Road until Bolt Road (including Seabrook Street)
- North-east on Bolt Road until Parkers Road (including Trent Drive and all side streets off of it, Cohen Place and Golf Haven Way)
- North-west on Parkers Road until Golf Road (including Otterson Street, Chandler Street, Awatea Place, and Parkers Road north-west of Golf Road)
- North then east on Gold Road until Beach Road
- North-east on Beach Road until its intersection with Rocks Road (SH 6) and Bisley Avenue
- North-east on Rocks Road (SH6) until Days Track (including 537-553 Rocks Road)
- Along Days Track until Grenville Terrace
- South-west on Grenville Terrace until its intersection with Bisley Avenue and Moana Avenue (including Grenville Terrace to the north of Days Track)
- South and then north along Moana Avenue until Princes Drive (including Moncrieff Avenue)
- South on the western side of Princes Drive until number 318 Princes Drive
- From number 318 Princes Drive continues along both sides of Princes Drive until the end of Princes Drive, at around 404 Princes Drive (including Observatory Terrace, Istana Place, and Crown Terrace)
- From the end of Princes Road jumps south-east, along the boundary of 264 Waimea Road, until Waimea Road
- South-west on Waimea Road until The Ridgeway
- South-west on The Ridgeway until Enner Glynn Road
- South-east on Enner Glynn Road until the end of Enner Glynn Road (including Burrough Place and Francois Way)
- From the end of Enner Glynn Road jumps south to the end of Marsden Valley Road
- From the end of Marsden Valley Road jumps south-west to the end of Sunningdale Drive
- North on Sunningdale Drive until Montebello Avenue (including Woodford Lane)
- West on Montebello Road until it turns into Ngawhatu Road (including Bridgewater Lane)
- North-west on Ngawhatu Road until Suffolk Road
- South-west on Suffolk Road until Saxton Road East (including Ashdonleigh Grove, Ballard Drive, Orpington Place, Andy Whiting Place, and Clairmont Heights)
- North-west on the northern side of Saxton Road East until its intersection with Main Road Stoke and Saxton Road West
- North-west along the northern side of Saxton Road West until its intersection with Nayland Road.
This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a Special programme approved by the Secretary.
Out of Zone Enrolments
Each year the Board of Trustees will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The Board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for enrolments will be processed in the following order of priority:
First Priority This priority is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary for Education.
Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
Fourth Priority will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
Fifth Priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
Sixth Priority will be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth priority groups than there are places available, Selection within the priority group will be by ballot conducted in accordance with instructions by the Secretary. Under Section 11G (1) on the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.
Principal / Tumuaki - Broadgreen Intermediate
193 Nayland Road, Stoke, Nelson 7011
Phone 03-547-7131 • Fax 03-365-2373