It is difficult to believe that there are only two weeks left of the 2017 academic year. It has been fantastic to see all of our senior students well prepared and organised for their exams. It has also been pleasing to see the way that our junior students have stepped up as the young leaders of the school whilst senior students have been on exam leave. As we move into our junior intensives next week I look forward to this continuing during the many varied and exciting activities planned.
I would like to thank all parents who recently completed the board community survey. A quick summary of the findings is as follows:
- Increasing achievement and attendance across the school
- Parents more informed regarding NCEA progress
- Facilities are improving
- School systems are robust
- Pastoral care processes are positive
- Public perception of the school is positive
- School newsletter is informative and user-friendly
- Fantastic teachers and support staff
To be improved/reviewed for 2018
- Consistency of teacher communication with parents
- Consistency of teaching pedagogy (classroom practice)
- Connection with our Māori parents and community needs to continue to improve
- Reporting processes need to continue to be updated and reviewed
Although we have had positive feedback regarding the new electronic newsletter this year we are constantly striving to improve. I would appreciate it if you took the time to complete this short survey regarding the content and frequency of the newsletter.
Finally good luck to our junior volleyball teams who are competing in Christchurch next week at the South Island Championships and also to our senior girls team who leave next weekend to attend the Australian Schools Cup Tournament in Melbourne.
Nga mihi nui