The rowing squad has had a busy holiday period. They managed to fit in three regattas (two in Twizel and one at Lake Dunstan) and two training camps (Waihola and Twizel).
We have had some good results in each of the regattas. Top five placings at the Otago and Canterbury Champs were:
Otago Championships at Lake Ruataniwha, Twizel
- U17 Quad: Lucy Merriman, Grace Roesler, Catie Mason and Clair Taylor Placed 3rd
- U17 Single Sculls: Lucy Merriman Placed 5th
Canterbury Championships at Lake Ruataniwha, Twizel
- Novice 4: Anna Divers, Lily McLean, Serena Paine, Grace Twaddle and coxed by Claire Taylor Placed 5th
- Senior Double Sculls: Rachel James and Lucy Merriman Place 2nd
- U17 Single Sculls: Lucy Merriman Placed 1st
The squad are now training at 6am most mornings in preparation for the South Island Clubs, South Island Schools and the Maadi Cup.