At Otago Boys', sport is a key component in the development of many of our young men.
Unfortunately though, like many schools, we have to deal with unacceptable sideline parent behaviour. In our school, our values of respect, courage, honour, perseverance and excellence apply 24/7. We would respectfully ask that parents read these expectations and act accordingly so we can all enjoy the games.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with officials.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the officials.
- Let the players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts not results.
- Set an example for the players.
- Use appropriate and acceptable language.
- Encourage your boy.
- Encourage your team.
Remember that you are dealing with young people who are learning the game.The younger the players, the more inexperienced they will be.