Spring league and secondary schools competition.
Everyone can play Petanque!
It is a simple, inexpensive sport that anyone can play. You do not have to be fit, fast or strong, just able to swing an arm. You can play in a wheelchair or standing up. No experience is required to be a part of this league, and everything is provided for you. You can play socially or if you love it you can compete at the regional, national, and international level. Come and have a go, see if you enjoy it.
If you’ve never played it before and want to have some fun get your friends together and come and join us.
Dates (term 4): Every Tuesday for 8 weeks. Starts on 18 October till 6 December 2022.
Where: Dunedin City Petanque, 81 Eglinton Road, Dunedin.
Time: 3.30pm registration, 1st game 4.00pm. Finishes around 6.00pm.
Who/What: Open to school years 7-13. If there are enough players, there will be 2 divisions (year 7-9 and year 10-13). Everyone plays 3 or 4 games every week.
There are weekly prizes as well as prizes and trophies for the overall winners for the 8 weeks of the term. Water, tea, coffee, hot chocolate & biscuits provided, other refreshments for sale.
Cost: $20 for the 8 week term. No charge for those who joined in term 1.
• No experience required; full instruction provided prior to play.
• No partner required, register as individuals.
• All equipment supplied; however fully closed in shoes must be worn.
• Free coaching prior to league starting and every Sunday during the league if desired.
• Sessions fully supervised.
• Free membership of Dunedin City Petanque if interested.
• Registrations to your school sports coordinator by Monday 16th October 2022, contact Stefany directly, or just turn up on a Tuesday at 3.30ish and register. You can join at any time during the term and do not have to play every week as each week is a separate competition.
Inquiries to Stefany Frost, on 021 717 080 or firstname.lastname@example.org