Central Lakes Trust (CLT) invite applications from groups and organisations that are registered with Charities Services in the CLT funding area, that plan to install and maintain an emergency kit. Eligible organisations may apply for a grant of up to 50% of the costs of an emergency kit and associated accessories, up to a maximum of $5,000. Find out more below:
Eligible organisations may apply for a grant of up to 50% of the costs of an emergency kit and associated accessories, up to a maximum of $5,000. These venues will generally be the local hall and/or community facility identified as emergency centres.
It is anticipated the applicant/site will be a recognised local community emergency centre as identified in the regional emergency plan. Kits will be stored at the local emergency centre.
An application may be submitted by or via the Territorial Authority for an organisation should they not be registered as a charitable organisation.
Emergency kits could include:
- Minimum 5.5kva portable generator – eg Honda EG5500cx.
- Diesel Heater 30Kw.
- Heavy duty CDC kit container box (Tuff box).
- 45W LED work lights on stand (x2).
- Appropriate communications devices as approved by the CDEM.
- Emergency tent/temporary protection from the elements.
- Tuff box to be filled with smaller sundry items such as high vis vests, face masks, radio, hand sanitiser, first aid kit, head torches etc.
Applicant groups must raise the balance of funds required.
Ownership and maintenance of the unit will remain the responsibility of the applicant group.
Groups and organisations must have a maintenance and replacement strategy in place when submitting an application.
The location of the unit must be freely accessible to the community.
Any application must be endorsed by the Territorial Authority or Emergency Management Otago after consultation with them on requirements.
Read Full Emergency Preparedness Kit Fund details via the link below: