The Community Organisation Grants Scheme or COGS provides grants to non-profit organisations delivering community-based social services that contribute to achieving locally-determined outcomes.
In 2019 changes were made to COGS that may impact community groups and organisations. These changes included:
- Organisations must have less than $2 million annual operating expenditure for each of the past two years to make a request to COGS
- Organisations may now be able to request multi-year funding.
Overall, organisations requesting COGS grants need to show how their community-based services or projects will contribute to:
- encouraging participation in communities
- promoting community leadership
- developing community capability
- promoting social, economic and cultural equity, or
- reducing the downstream social and economic costs to communities and government.
Each Local Distribution Committee (LDC) also develops community outcomes they see as having priority from discussions at annual public meetings where communities are able to discuss what local benefits or outcomes they want from the COGS investment in their communities. LDC outcome priorities for Otago areas can be found below:
COGS opened for funding requests last Wednesday April 8th.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday May 20th.
Learn more via the link below: