The UBS will not necessarily have been asked by lecturers to stock their recommended reading. Subject to availability, any book can be ordered for you, but please be aware that procuring obscure titles may take some weeks.
UBS’s contact details can be found on the Contact Us webpage.
Books may be purchased online (refer to instructions below for online ordering), by telephone, fax, or email, as well as over the counter. Check textbook lists and prices online.
When ordering, be sure to provide the author and title of the book, your paper code, and indicate how you wish to pay. Most textbooks are already specially priced to keep costs to students as low as possible. Your order will be sent to you by courier unless otherwise requested.
Pre-payment is required on all orders, however please do not send payment before confirming book prices and freight costs with us. You can email us to enquire about price, availability and shipping costs and/or to place your order for textbooks.
The UBS accepts MasterCard, VISA, and American Express. Please clearly specify:
- cardholder name
- card type
- card number and
- card expiry date
If you are not paying by credit card, you will be pro forma invoiced (this means that the invoice must be paid before your order is sent to you).
For WINZ Purchase Orders, please contact Annette Campbell at the UBS prior to advising WINZ of your costs.
Please allow 2-3 days for your order to be filled if we have stock, and another 2-3 working days for standard delivery to street addresses throughout New Zealand. Supply times may vary depending on the time of year, especially at the start of each Semester and over the Christmas and New Year break. We will let you know if we can’t immediately supply items on your order and back order such items unless you request otherwise.
If you don’t know your assigned textbooks:
- Visit the Universtiy Book Shop Textbook Lists webpage.
- Search by Department name or Paper Number to retrieve a list of papers and their textbooks.
- Identify the textbooks for your paper(s) and switch back to the UBS homepage. You may want to print out or save your search results before you do so.
To place your book order:
- Enter the title of the textbook in the Search Box on the UBS homepage. TIP: Using “+” between words will narrow the search but you must enter the title exactly as it is recorded. If you include words out of sequence or skip a word, you will not get a match to what you are looking for. For example, if a complete book title is “Art Across Time 4E Volume II” on the textbook results search, you could search on our main homepage for “art+across+time+4E” and this would return only two results, including the one you want. If you typed “art+time” you’d still get two books coming up, but neither would be a match.
- Select the appropriate title from the list of results.
- Click on the “Add to Cart” button to add your selection to the shopping cart.
- Repeat this process until you have all your books in the cart and then proceed to “check out” to buy or “Get a Quote” in order to contact us about what discount (if any) and postage would apply to your order before committing to buy.
IMPORTANT NOTE: There is an “Additional Comments” box available as part of the checkout process. Please use this to note the paper codes for which you are ordering books and that you are a student.