On Tuesday 17th of August, the SMASHED Project came to PNBHS to educate all year 9 students about the impacts of alcohol. The key objectives were to:
- Increase the knowledge and understanding of the risks and dangers associated with underage drinking.
- Increase awareness of the communication, personal, and social skills required to keep safe from harm, make responsible choices and resist social influence.
- Increase available awareness of the local information, advice, and guidance to young people.
- Reduce the number of young people who would consider drinking alcohol underage.
- Identify strategies for keeping safe from underage drinking particularly in social, peer group environments.
Smashed is dedicated to breaking the culture of underage drinking around the world through creative education using theatre-in-education which creates a unique way to engage young people.
Thank you to the SMASHED facilitators and the Life Education Trust for producing the show and coming into school. This was a valuable presentation for young men in Year 9.