As a student of this
school I have a right to
- I will be able to feel proud of my school.
- Teachers and students will treat me, and my opinions, with respect and courtesy.
- School facilities will be available and maintained in good working order.
- The school grounds and buildings will be an environment in which I feel safe.
- Student management will be consistently applied by all staff.
- I will be able to learn in clean, well equipped classrooms, in a positive working environment under the supervision of trained, confident and qualified teachers.
- Personal matters taken up with teachers or counsellors will be kept confidential within the requirements of all relevant legislation.
- My personal property can be stored safely with the knowledge that it will not be tampered with.
- My abilities will be recognised.
- I will be treated fairly, no matter what my race, religion, sex or ability.
To achieve these expectations, all students must
accept the following rules of good behaviour:
- I will act in a manner that does not prevent or obstruct my own learning or the learning of other students in class.
- I will attend all classes, arriving on time and with the correct books and equipment for the subject unless I have a signed note.
- I will treat, and speak to, all students and teachers with courtesy and respect no matter what their sex, race, abilities, or values.
- I will show respect for my own physical well-being and the well-being of others. • I will not bully or intimidate others.
- I will take care of school property and I will take care of the environment.
- I will wear the appropriate school uniform correctly, at school and to and from school.
- I will remain on school grounds during school time, or follow the correct procedures.
- At all times in this school, I am responsible for my own behaviour.
- I am expected to make sensible choices which take into account the rights and expectations of others.
- At no time will I act in any way that
brings the school into disrepute.