Beginning of year dates and events 2020
Before you know it term one of 2020 will be here. Below are some key dates and times to make the beginning of 2020 as seamless as possible.
Monday 20 January
- The main school office and international office opens.
Tuesday 21 January
- Year 13 Leadership Training Camp, Birch Hill to Wednesday 22 January.
Thursday 23 January
- Year 12 course interview day, 9:00am-12:00pm.
Only students who need to make changes should attend this day.
Year 12 students may go home once they've completed changes.
Friday 24 January
- Years 11 and 13 course interview day, 9:00am-12:00pm.
Only students who need to make changes should attend.
Year 11 and 13 students may go home once they've completed changes.
Monday 27 January
Staff only day.
Tuesday 28 January
- All Year 13 Students 10.00am-12.00pm.
- Kapa Haka 12.00pm-1.00pm.
- Peer Support Leaders 1.00pm-3.00pm.
- Mana Toroa Students 3.00pm-3.30pm.
Wednesday 29 January
Year 9 Orientation begins, 9.00am-3:00pm.
- 9:00am-10.00am: Powhiri in the hall for all Year 9 students and their parents/caregivers, new international students and new staff members, followed by light refreshments.
- All Year 13's: 9.00am-3.00pm.
Thursday 30 January
- Year 9 orientation continues, 9.00am-3:00pm.
- Year 10-13 report to the Whanau Rooms, 1.00pm-3.00pm.
- Peer Support Leaders 9.00am-3.00pm.
Friday 31 January
All students at school today for a 9.00am start, report to Whanau Rooms.
- Timetable starts for all students at 9.30am with Period 2.
- Kohanga Ako Students to report to E1 and E3 at 10.30am.
- 12.45pm-2.45pm: Whole School "Big Arvo Whare Challenge"
Monday 3 February
- Normal timetable for all students, school starts at 8.30am
Thursday 6 February
Friday 7 February