"Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together"
Happy New Year to you all and welcome to the start of the 2019 academic year.
Despite the oppressive heat we have had this week, we have had one of our smoothest starts ever. The students returned to school looking smart in their summer uniforms and generally excited about the year ahead. They have also settled quickly into their courses and already well underway with their learning programmes. I appreciate all the support we get from our community which assists in the smooth running of the College. Thank you.
The yr 9 are now well acquainted with the College after their induction and gaining a bit of confidence and the yr 13 leaders are doing a great job setting the tone for the year. They are very enthusiastic and able group and keen to get some new initiatives up and running.
This year we welcome three new staff members to the College
- Belinda Leckie, our Assistant Principal
- Alana Dawson Teacher of English & Religious Education
- Kim Wheeler Teacher of Art/Design
Here are a few things you may want to know:
- The College will be is closed on Wednesday 6 February for Waitangi Day
- The Year 9 BBQ is to be held on Monday 18 February at 5.30pm
- On Thursday 21 February students will be dismissed at 1:15pm to allow for a staff development programme
- Information can be found on the College Website www.roncalli.school.nz
- The website has upcoming events, copies of all newsletters and the College calendar for your information
- Student/Parent Portal
- All students should now have access to the Student Portal through their Edge app. Parents can access the Parent Portal through the College Website, to access the portal, log in using your account eg gmail or yahoo using the credentials you currently use, please note those with xtramail accounts may need to contact Sandy in the College office for assistance. If you need assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries regarding your student, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
The first point of contact is the House Group Teacher, followed by the Year Level Dean.
All staff can be contacted by using their first initial followed by a dot and then their last name (ex. John Smith email@example.com). We welcome and encourage parent input.
Until next time,
Chris Comeau, Principal