Twenty students represented Roncalli College achieving some outstanding results gaining 16 x 1st, 11 x 2nd and 7 x 3rd. Congratulations to everyone involved and well done on your awesome results.
The Aoraki Secondary School Athletics Championships were held on Wednesday 17 March at the Aorangi Park All Weather Track. Twenty students represented Roncalli, achieving some outstanding results. The students represented the College with pride to a very high standard and it was great to be apart of such an awesome day.
A special thank you to Mrs Nicola Nimo and Ms Belinda Leckie for being officials on the day and thanks also to Mr Michael Dickerson for his support and help throughout the day.
Top Three Placings
UNDER 14 Girls:
- Karen McDonald 1st Javelin (27.00m), 3rd Triple Jump (8.40m)
- Emily Thompson 3rd 800m (2:43.91), 3rd 1500m (5:50.49)
UNDER 15 Girls:
- Bethany Oudemans 1st Javelin (24.67m), 1st Triple Jump (9.84m), 2nd 80m Hurdles (14.35)
- Madison Sugrue 2nd Discus (21.46m), 2nd Long Jump (4.49m)
UNDER 16 Girls:
- Monica McDonald 2nd Triple Jump (8.88m), 3rd Javelin (22.87m), 3rd 80m Hurdles 14.81)
- Karen McDonald, Bethany Oudemans, Rhiana Nimo, Monica McDonald 2nd 4 x 100 Relay (56.60).
UNDER 19 Girls:
- Charli Nevin 1st 1500m (5:33.29), 2nd 800m (2:36.26)
- Lucy Betts 3rd Triple Jump (8.58m)
UNDER 14 Boys:
- Harrison Laing 1st 400m (57.24), 1st 800m (2:16.78), 1st Long Jump (5.06m)
- Gabriel Dickerson 1st 80m Hurdles (12.93), 1st Javelin (25.82m), 2nd 100m (12.87)
- Sean Newlands 2nd Triple Jump (9.79m)
UNDER 15 Boys:
- Lachlan List 1st 400m (58.30), 1st 800m (2:12.41)
- Rhys Stevens 1st Triple Jump (11.27m), 2nd Long Jump (5.40m)
- Archie Jones 2nd 1500m (4:52.99), 3rd 3000m (10:17.82)
UNDER 16 Boys:
- William Laing 1st 400m (53.00), 1st 800m (2:07.93)
- Maika Mason 1st High Jump (1.73m), 1st Long Jump (5.89m)
- Harrison Laing, Rhys Stevens, Maika Mason, William Laing 2nd 4 x 100 Relay (50.25)
UNDER 19 Boys:
- Noah Oudemans 3rd Triple Jump (11.93m)