Sport at Shirley Boys’ High will provide a platform for students to:
- Have FUN
- Pursue aims of excellence, personal achievement and self-discipline
- Improve self-esteem and sportsmanship
- establish friendship with other students within the school and beyond
- Meet and get to know teachers beyond the classroom
- Develop leadership and ‘fellowship’ skills
Opportunities will be available in a diverse range of sports for all to participate, enjoy and achieve at a level appropriate to their development, skill and potential.
Aim for maximization of the resources available in the school and our immediate community, in order to increase opportunities for participation at all levels while providing transition into SBHS from contributing schools and into community clubs for school leavers.
Encourage acceptance of the benefits of quality opportunities in sport and recreation, including acceptance of the Fair Play Charter.
Provide the best possible facilities and resources for the safe and effective delivery of our sports programme.
Shirley Boys’ High School offers a wide range of sports and welcomes students of all abilities and experience to get involved. The sporting arm of the school is referred to as Shirley Boys’ High School Spartans Sport.