Year 10 Sport Development
Sport Development 10SPD Full Year
Course Description: This programme is designed to assist students to continue developing the skills required in their chosen sporting context and to balance the commitments of high achievement in both sport and academic studies.
Entry Criteria: Completed application form as per the Sport Development application process and meet the entry criteria.
- Must be selected AND be an active member of your chosen codes top team for Shirley Boys High School.
- Physical Education teacher’s feedback sought.
- Gain appropriate Teacher in charge of Sport approval.
- Attend trials which will occur at lunchtimes or after school.
- Fitness Testing scores from the previous year are examined.
- Individual athletes need to obtain a reference from an external person such as a coach/trainer which outlines their history and success in their sport AND how they will support them in this programme.
Students who are currently enrolled in an SPD/SPA course must reapply for 2021.
The weekly programme is as follows:
Three hours sport specific skills, conditioning or theory e.g. Sports Nutrition
Three hours Physical Education content (unassessed) at Level 1 NCEA level.
Next step: Year 11SPD. If content knowledge is exceptional students have the ability to be accelerated to 12PED. This will be at the discretion of the students Year 10SPD classroom teacher.