- Computing 10Icx (Half Year)
Course Description: A course for those students wanting to gain key skills in the technology area of computing. Topics include desktop publishing, web design, computer hardware, spreadsheets and computer programming. The course includes:
- Introduction; basics, word: layout/formatting, combining text, images,
tables, lists, draw tools, formatting.
- File management; creating and using folders.
- Web quests; finding and using the right type of data.
- Desktop publishing; applying the principles of design. Use of MS
Publisher to produce a range of document types from provided materials and
- Web design; using web authoring (MS Expression), key components of a web
page, adding the content and testing the design.
- Computer components; motherboard, HDD, mouse, keyboard, VDU, how they
- Spreadsheets; typical use and main actions including basic formatting and
calculations with graphs.
- Programming: working with Scratch to perform a range of programming functions including problem solving and algorithms. Introduction to the concepts of creating fundamental elements and designing gaming features.
Next step: Year 11 Ict
Contact Person: Mr McKeown firstname.lastname@example.org