Honey Fundraiser and Sausage Sizzle (26 August)
PTA Honey Fundraiser
The Honey Fundraiser is finishing tomorrow, Friday 26th August. Get in your last minute orders
Honey isn't just for spreading on toast or dolloping on your cereal. Here is a recipe that is so useful for this time of year. These lollies can be dissolved in hot lemon tea to help soothe those horrible colds or even gifted as a sweet treat.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 drops Lemon essential oil
- Hard candy lollipop molds
- Lollipop sticks
- Candy thermometer
- Place the sugar, honey, and water into a large pan.
- On medium heat, stir the ingredients together with a wooden spoon until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, place the candy thermometer in your pan and allow the mixture to come to a boil. Let it boil until it reaches 295 degrees Fahrenheit (or the hard crack stage).
- While the candy is boiling, prepare your candy molds by spraying them with non-stick spray and adding the lollipop sticks. Add sprinkles to the bottom of the mold if desired.
- Immediately after the candy reaches the hard crack stage, pour into a heat-resistant measuring cup. Add essential oil and stir. Note: The mixture is EXTREMELY HOT. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Carefully pour the mixture into your lollipop molds.
- Twist the lollipop sticks to make sure they are fully coated on the back of the mixture.
- Let the lollipops rest for at least 30 minutes before removing from the mold. Store in plastic wrap.